Deciding on how to design and decorate a retirement cake isn’t that simple. Retirement is a significant moment in a retiree’s life, and the small space on top of a case is assigned the important role of commemorating it.
Whether you are baking or ordering a retirement cake, you’ll probably have a moment of wondering what to put on top of the cake, or rather what to say. It requires a little extra effort to come up with an incredible idea or message to put on a retirement cake. After all, it’s such small details that make the retirement party exceptional and memorable.
Top Ideas To Put On A Retirement Cake
With the big challenge before you, you may be tempted to just put down a simple ‘happy retirement’ on top of retirement and stop at that. To help you resist that mediocrity, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best retirement cake sayings. You can use the exact wordings, or utilize the idea to come up with your own customized inscription.
- Popular Retirement Cake Messages Ideas
These are renowned retirement cake messages that are commonly used. They include:
- Hello pension, goodbye pension
- Wishing you a happy retirement (retiree’s name)
- Congratulations on your retirement
- Welcome to retirement: where every day is Saturday
- Your whole life you worked for this cake
- Funny Retirement Cake Messages Ideas
Where appropriate, humorous cake messages are a big hit. They can be accompanied by a funny drawing on the cake that matches the saying.
- It’s now optional to shower
- You’re now on a fixed income
- You’re now allowed to be lazy
- You now have no excuse not to work out
- You’ve retired; will you take us with you?
- Short Retirement Cake Messages Ideas
Usually, there is not much space on a cake, keeping the message short is a good way to go. Check out the list below:
- The fun begins
- You will be missed
- Our legend has retired
- It’s time to relax
- eat up (retiree’s name)
- Sweet Retirement Cake Messages Ideas
A sweet message on a retirement cake is ought to make the retiree feel special and appreciated. Choose the perfect fit from the list.
- It’s your last office party
- We will greatly miss your presence
- Life is sweet on retirement
- The best is on the way
- You never retire from being the best
- Simple and sincere Retirement Cake Messages Ideas
Let’s see some straightforward messages you can put on a retirement cake. Some are formal while others are casual
- It’s your permanent time off
- Now you can sleep all you want
- Start living now
- No more Mondays for you
- Dream big
- Co-worker Retirement Cake Messages Ideas
You’ve had the ups and downs of work together with your co-worker, and now they are retiring. Putting these messages on their retirement cake to make the day a special one is a great idea.
- Thanks for all the good memories
- Work is going to suck without you
- Great time for great beginnings -clock themed
- Adventure awaits- world map themes
- All the best on your retirement
- Boss Retirement Cake Messages Ideas
It’s a good chance to let your boss know if he was a legend, or take the opportunity to make fun with him by writing on their retirement cake.
- You’ve touched many lives
- All the best with your new boss, your wife
- A great boss is impossible to forget
- You were such as legend
- We gonna miss you, boss
- Husband Retirement Cake Messages Ideas
If your husband is retiring, it’s an excellent thing to celebrate his great achievements with a beautiful retirement cake. Check out message ideas for your husband’s retirement cake
- It’s time for a permanent vacation after years of dedication
- Do as you choose, now that you’ve paid your dues
- Happy retirement: the countdown is over
- Congratulations, you’ll now work for your wife
- Retired: refreshed, unstressed, inspired
- Family Member Or Friend Retirement Cake Messages Ideas
A nice cake with a fabulous message is one way to make your friend or family member happy on their retirement day. Check these ideas:
- To do list: relax, rest, repeat
- Enjoy the new journey
- Miss retiree -crown themed
- Relax and enjoy- hammock themed
- For all places, you’ll go- travel theme
- Retirement Cake Messages Ideas for Yourself (retiree)
You can step out with a bang at treating the special guests at your retirement party with a cake, and these are great messages you can put on your retirement cake
- Retired: it’s not my problem anymore
- No work ahead
- Thank God, every day is a weekend
- Retired: Am now a professional grandma, grandpa
- I won’t be back
A retirement cake has to be perfect; after all, it’s supposed to mark an important milestone. For that, you have to make sure that the message at the top of the cake is the best reflection of the character, interests, or retirement plans of the retiree. To make it even more extraordinary, also make sure that saying matches with the theme of the cake, or the entire retirement party event.
You can figure out what the retiree is planning for retirement and see the kind of cake saying that goes with the theme. Think of the best fit for the retiree personality, and come up with what compliments that. Remember the relationship you have with the retiree also matters a lot.
What Should you wear to a retirement party