Finding the right wireless TV headphones for those that are hard of hearing is a great idea. Other uses are when a loved one wants to sleep and you want to stay up watching a show.
For whatever reason you need headphones to watch TV, they can offer a piece of mind for the user and a little piece and quiet for the rest of those in the home.
Today’s market offers top sellers with great features such as wireless and charging stations.
Table of Contents
- Top Picks For TV Headphones For Seniors
- 1. SENNHEISER SET840 -TV RF Stereo TV Assistive Listening Headphones System
- 2. TV Ears Dual Digital Wireless Headset System, Use 2 headsets
- 3. SIMOLIO 2.4G Digital Wireless TV Headsets with Spare Battery
- 4. Avantree HT4186 Wireless Headphones Earbuds
- 5. Avantree HT280 Wireless Headphones for TV Watching with 2.4G RF Transmitter Charging Dock
- 6. SENNHEISER RS 175 RF Wireless Headphone System
- 7. Avantree HT41899 Dual Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headphones for TV Watching with Transmitter (Digital Optical AUX RCA PC USB)
- 8. Avantree HT5009 40 Hrs Wireless Headphones for TV Watching w/Bluetooth Transmitter
- 9. SONY Wireless Headphones for TV Watching (WHRF400R) with Transmitter Dock
- 10. Sennheiser RS135 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Cradle
Top Picks For TV Headphones For Seniors
We did the research so you don’t have to. Here are our top picks for TV headphones.
1. SENNHEISER SET840 -TV RF Stereo TV Assistive Listening Headphones System
- Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Wireless radio frequency system with transmitter and receiver (earphones) provide mobility within a range of up to 100 feet; even transmits even through walls
- Three selectable hearing settings on the transmitter to optimize speech. Ideal for plasma TVs
These TV headphones consist of a headset and a base. There is a removable lithium ion battery that lasts 9 hours. We recommend buying an additional battery so one is charging while the other is in use.
The headset can be used for watching TV. We also found it can connect it to other sound systems like listening to the radio since it uses RF (radio frequency).
To set up, power on the base by plugging it in. Then connect to the sound yield. (Typically RCA jacks).
The system comes with 3 earplugs so you can find the right one that fits your ear. The sound quality is excellent and offers equilibrium control. The sound control dial button is large for those hard of seeing as well.
Overall, this unit is a smart choice for those hard of hearing.
- Wireless up to 100 feet
- Two 3.5 mm stereo jack plugs and one adapter
- Three hearing settings with large control dial
- Headphones – In Ear
- Lithium Ion Battery lasts 9 hours
2. TV Ears Dual Digital Wireless Headset System, Use 2 headsets
- Twice as powerful as other TV Ears systems. Connectivity Technology: Wireless. The headset dimensions are 8 x 5.4375 x 0.6875 inches
- Frequency response - 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Wireless communication technology: Bluetooth
TV Ears are one of the most familiar brands. This set comes with 2 headsets.
These headphones use line of sight transmission. This means while you are watching, if you have a newspaper up, it may impede the signal.
The set comes with their voice clarifying circuitry that will adjust the audio curve to increase clarity.
TV Ears have been classified as ‘Assistive Listening Devices’ for hearing-impaired persons. This special designation permits TV Ears to have twice the maximum volume. As we get older and our hearing gets worse, these are a great choice.
- Two headsets
- Dual transmitter that holds both headsets
- Additional headsets sold separately
- Audio Frequency Response 65 – 20,000 Hz
- Transmission Frequency 5.8 GHz
- Type of Connectivity Analog & Digital Connectivity
- Digital/Optical Connectivity
3. SIMOLIO 2.4G Digital Wireless TV Headsets with Spare Battery
- OPTICAL / RCA/ AUX AUDIO OUT SUPPORTED FOR MOST TVS, ADVANCED 2.4GHZ FHSS TECH, NO PAIRING OR DELAY - Wireless headphones for TV with superior sound reproduction and its strong signal can go through ceilings or walls. Effective range is up to 100 feet.
- SINGLE DIGITAL WIRELESS TV HEADPHONES - Voice highlighting & noise reduction reduce TV background sounds and make dialogues stand out. Auto signal control makes the output stable, which prevents your hearing from being damaged by a sudden increase in TV volume.
- CUSTOMIZE THE TV SOUND FOR BEST FIT - Select TONE(Treble/Normal/Bass) to find the optimum sound frequency to hear the target audio clearly. The balance control allows for right/left volume adjustment to hear equally well with both ears. Mono/Stereo optional.
What caught our eye with the Simolio TV Headphones was the flexibility of the headset. They are super durable and nearly unbreakable. And it comes with extra soft foam eartips.
Set up is fairly easy since the system has multiple audio outputs. Meaning, there are three audio output cords with the device so you have the best set up for your TV type. Digital optical, 3.5mm, RCA jacks.
Next we reviewed the wireless strength and found it is true to the distance. With 2.4GHz, the device can go through walls and ceilings. However, for best results, we suggest a normal set up of watching TV.
The device comes with rechargeable Li batteries. Simply put the device on the charging station when not in use.
Get the right sound using the tone selector switch button for treble, normal or bass on the power station. On the headphones, use the balance control and personal sound knobs.
- Wireless up to 100 ft 2.4GHZ FHSS
- Adjustable tone, treble and base
- Single digital TV headphones
- Extra memory foam eartips
- Multiple audio outputs
- Super flexible headset
4. Avantree HT4186 Wireless Headphones Earbuds
- [Hassle-Free Set Up] No need to go through the complex Bluetooth pairing process; simply plug the HT4186’s transmitter into a power source and your TV’s audio output port, power everything on, they’ll quickly connect with each other, and you should be good to go. Works brilliantly with older Non-Smart TVs as well.
- [Universally Compatible] Thanks to Avantree HT4186’s Optical, AUX, and RCA input cables, it is universally compatible and works with all TVs on the market, smart or non-smart. With it, you’ll be able to listen to your favorite movies at your own volume; you’ll no longer have to turn the speaker volume way up and disturb your family or neighbors.
- [No Lip-Sync Delay] With "FastStream" Bluetooth built-in, the HT4186 provides <40 ms audio latency – significantly lower and better than the 200+ ms of typical Bluetooth solutions on the market. With this feature, no matter what content you're watching, the audio and visual will always be perfectly synchronized.
The Avantree works much like a set of headphones for listening to music. The neckband earphones with bluetooth transmitter offer great optical digital audio. Simple RCA 3.5mm auxiliary ported TV output.
With no audio delay, you will find the sound is perfect up to 100ft. The HT4186 works with 99% of TVs and supports Optical / AUX and RCA audio output without extra wires to get in the way.
Today’s technology allows you to get up and running with multiple audio ports supported including PC, TV and AV receiver. If you are not clear on how to use the device, the company offers free video tutorials and Zooms through out the week.
- Plug and play
- Bluetooth transmitter, no audio delay
- 100 ft transmission
- Battery up to 20 hours
- 24 month product warranty
- Multi audio ports supported
- Soft earbuds
5. Avantree HT280 Wireless Headphones for TV Watching with 2.4G RF Transmitter Charging Dock
- 【PLUG & PLAY】 Not a tech junkie? No problem! With our HT280 wireless headphones, there is no need to worry about pairing them with your device. Simply turn on both devices and they will auto connect. Our headset also comes with an all-in-one charging dock and transmitter for a user friendly audio experience.
- 【STOP SQUABBLES ABOUT SOUND】Whether your family is sleeping or just enjoy the full volume capacity of your favorite shows and games, our over the ear headset allows you full range of sound-without being constantly told to turn it down! Unlike other headphones, our HT280 features customized volume controls 30% louder than our competitors, making them ideal for you and your families. Note: Not for professional audiophiles (recommend Avantree HT4189).
- 【NO MORE DELAY】Featuring 2.4 GHz wireless technology, our HT280 headphones allow you to binge watch your favorite series on Netflix, catch the highly anticipated game, or pop in your favorite video with high quality sound and in perfect synchronization.
When it comes to over the ear headphones, we reviewed Avantree HT280 Wireless. Some customers prefer earbuds in the ear and others prefer over the ear.
The 2.4G RF transmitter can work with up to 100 headsets. Simply set up the multiple audio port option transmitter, charge the headset, and you are ready to go.
If you need more volume, the Ht280 can do that. It has a higher volume setting since this product was created for the hearing impaired.
- Plug and play
- Bluetooth transmitter
- Over the ear headphones
- Multiple output options
- Higher volume capacity
- 12 hour battery life
6. SENNHEISER RS 175 RF Wireless Headphone System
- Compact, ergonomic over-ear headphones. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Bass boost and surround sound listening modes. Maximum sound pressure level: 114 dB at 1kHz, 3 percentage THD. THD, total harmonic distortion: <0.5 percentage at 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL
- Digital wireless technology ensures that signal transmission remains clear and accurate
Looking for the right pair of wireless TV headphones that allows for noise cancellation and excellent cinema quality, then check out the Sennheiser RS 175 RF. These are the perfect pair for that perfect someone who loves to watch TV and listen to music.
These compact and ergonomic headphones offer bass boost, surround sound listening mode, and maximum pressure level to 114 db. The wireless headphones can be controlled on the device, not the docking station. They also have foam pads on the ears and headband for comfort.
The docking station is easy to set up. The headphones are easy to rest on the station for charging. Multiple audio output options make this device compatible with today’s TVs.
- Compact, over the ear wireless headphones
- 18 hour battery life
- Noise blocking
- Hi-Fi cinema quality sound
- Multiple output options
7. Avantree HT41899 Dual Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headphones for TV Watching with Transmitter (Digital Optical AUX RCA PC USB)
- 【Two Headphones, One Audio】 The Avantree HT41899 wireless set comes with two pairs of Bluetooth 5.0 headphones; with these, you’ll be able to enjoy the audio experience with a partner. What’s more, these are versatile; when your partner is not available, the device can work in single-headphone mode, so you can still enjoy TV by yourself.
- 【Personalized Volume Level】The volume level that works for one person does not always work for another. The HT41899 solves this issue by allowing either headphone to adjust its own volume independently, letting the user personalize his/her volume level without affecting the other user (headphone).
- 【Universally Compatible】 Thanks to HT41899’s Optical, AUX, and RCA input cables, it is universally compatible and works with all TVs on the market. With it, you’ll be able to listen to your favorite TV shows/movies at your own volume; you’ll no longer have to turn the TV speaker volume all the way up and disturb your family or neighbors.
With two headsets, you both can watch together or rotate in between charging for that special someone that likes to watch shows. The independent volume control on each headset means you control your sound.
Independent headphones, one gray and one red button, are easy to set up. Simply plug and play and the transmitter controls the gray and red headphones.
The HT41899 is also used for gamers who need the longer battery life. Pair them with any Bluetooth receiver. It is compatible with any device that has an optical, AUX/3.5mm or RCA audio output port.
- Two wireless over the ear headsets
- Independent volume control
- Each headset lasts up to 40 hours
- Supports multiple input options
- Equipped with low latency technology
- AUX/3.5mm or RCA audio output port
8. Avantree HT5009 40 Hrs Wireless Headphones for TV Watching w/Bluetooth Transmitter
- 【Universally Compatible】 Thanks to HT5009’s Optical, AUX, and RCA input cables, it is universally compatible and works with all TVs on the market. With it, you’ll be able to listen to your favorite TV shows/movies at your own volume; you’ll no longer have to turn the TV speaker volume all the way up and disturb your family or neighbors.
- 【Hassle-Free Set Up】 There’s no need to go through the complex Bluetooth pairing process; simply plug the HT5009’s transmitter dock into your TV’s audio output port, power on both the dock and the headphone, they’ll quickly connect with each other, and you should be good to go. Works brilliantly with older Non-Smart TVs as well.
- 【Perfectly Synced Visual-Audio】 With "FastStream" Bluetooth built-in, the HT5009 provides <40 ms audio latency – significantly lower and better than the 200+ ms of typical Bluetooth solutions on the market. With this feature, no matter what content you're watching, the audio and visual will always be perfectly synchronized.
Avantree is a leader in TV headphones. The HT5009 offers over the ear quiet, and Bluetooth technology. Plus, they offer an easy plug and play set up.
The built-in battery offers 20 hours after a good charge. This is an excellent feature for those of us that forget to charge our headsets.
TV sound can be heard simultaneously by wired speakers and headphones. This is important for those that like to watch with mom who needs to wear her headphones.
- Over the ear wireless Bluetooth headset up to 164ft
- Charging dock
- Easy plug and play set up
- Use with other Bluetooth pairing devices
- 20 hours of built-in battery life
9. SONY Wireless Headphones for TV Watching (WHRF400R) with Transmitter Dock
- ALL-IN-ONE AUDIO HEADPHONE SET – Bundle Pack Includes HD Wireless Headset Transmitter/Charging Dock & BONUS Y-Adapter w/3 5mm Stereo & 2 NeeGo RCA Plugs
- EASY WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – Radio Frequency Headphones Let You Move Freely Up to 150 Ft Through Walls & Ceiling Battery Life Up to 20 Hours Per Charge
- SENSATIONAL HD PERFORMANCE – Sony Technology Produces High Fidelity Sound & Booming Bass w/ Noise Reduction Voice Mode Volume Control & Auto Tune
When it comes to gaming devices, Sony is a leader. So when they created a headset for those with hearing impairments, it was a perfect fit.
These wireless over the ear headphones for TV watching are perfect for those that need to cancel out sound and focus on their favorite shows. The headphones last up to 20 hours after charging on the docking station.
Since these headphones are RF (radio frequency), you can move up to 150ft and even hear behind walls. While watching your shows, enjoy Sony technology with HD, booming bass and noise reduction. The device offers great volume control and auto tuning.
- HD over the ear wireless headset up to 150ft
- Transmitter charging dock
- Y adapter with 3.5mm Stereo/2 Neego RCA plugs
- Ni-MH rechargeable battery up to 20 hours
10. Sennheiser RS135 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Cradle
- Lightweight radio frequency (RF) wireless, on-ear headphones for use with TV and Hi-Fi Audio
- Includes (1) Wireless Headphones, (1) Wireless Transmitter that acts as the headphone charging cradle and (2) AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Interference-free reception through walls, ceilings and outdoors up to 300 feet
Sennheiser products focus on those with hearing impairments. The RS135 is a RF (radio frequency) wireless headset specializing in a lightweight design, interference-free reception through walls, ceilings and outdoors up to 300 feet.
The charging cradle acts as a charging station and connection to the TV. The headset uses AAA niMH rechargeable batteries.
Because these run on radio frequency, they are not bluetooth compatible.
- Over the ear wireless headset up to 300ft
- Radio frequency for use with TV and Hi-Fi audio
- 2 AAA niMH rechargeable batteries
A better way to listen to TV without cranking up the volume is to use TV headphones. With TV headphones you can watch TV together with a family member (or friend) without disturbing anyone around you.
Today’s electronic products offer many options including wireless, better sound clarity, background noise cancellation, and more. The best part is you can be mobile and even walking on your treadmill while listening to TV.
Our above recommendations are a sure fit for you or your loved ones.