Staying balanced is key if you are a senior. There are many high-quality rollators on the market. The best rollators on the market today have improved over the last at least ten years. They are key in providing support and balance. It may take some research to find the best rollator for you, but it will be worth it.
Before choosing a Rollator, it is important to review the different styles. Depending on needs, there are a variety of options on the market to fit each person. We made a list of some of the most popular Rollators below that are best for seniors.
Table of Contents
- Top Rollator Walkers for Seniors
- 1. Medline Premium Empower Walker
- 2. Medline Standard Steel Folding Rollator
- 3. Drive Medical Aluminum Rollator
- 4. Drive Medical RTL10266BL-HS Nitro
- 5. Medline Aluminum Rollator Walker
- 6. Drive Medical Winnie Lite Supreme Rollator
- 7. Medline Heavy Duty Rollator
- 8. Health Line Compact Rollator
- 9. Carex 3-Wheel Rollator
Top Rollator Walkers for Seniors
When it comes to finding the right walker for mobility, make sure you know what you need. Do you need one that can get around on rough terrain, one that is light weight and easy to fold up for travel, or durability. Here’s a look at our top picks.
1. Medline Premium Empower Walker
- Increased mobility, independence and comfort with the premium Empower Rollator Walker from Medline | Features an easy and foldable design, large 8 inch wheels, and an extra-wide memory foam seat that swings up out of the way to give you more space to walk
- Walker also includes a thicker cushioned reversible backrest, cup holder, removable under seat storage bag, easy-to-use locking brakes, tray organizer, and brightly marked adjustment points
- Rolling walker adjusts easily for users from 4'11" to 6'4 tall | 17.5” width between handles
The Medline Premium Empower Walker is one of the most popular Rollators on the market. This Rollator is durable with high-quality seat cushioning.
The Medline Walker easily folds flat to fit perfectly in your vehicle. It also comes equipt with an extra-wide memory foam seat that swings up out of the way to give you more space to walk. Under the seat, there is a large storage area.
This Rolling Walker adjusts for users between 4″11 to 6″4. It also supports up to 300 pounds and only weighs 17 pounds. The width between the handles is 17″5 and the memory foam seat is 14×16.
- Premium Quality
- Thick Cushioning Seat and Backrest
- Antimicrobial Protection
- Cushioned Grip Handles
- Flat Folding
- A bit expensive
2. Medline Standard Steel Folding Rollator
- Medline rolling walker is constructed of a durable powder coated steel
- Height-adjustable arms to ensure proper fit and folding capabilities for Condensed storage and easy transport
- Comes standard with convenient nylon storage bag under seat
The Medline Standard Rollator includes a convenient nylon storage bag under the seat and padded foam seat and backrest cushioning. It also includes a convenient cup holder.
While this Rollator may look bulky, it is made with an alloy steel frame for maximum durability. The wide memory foam seat is perfect for seniors that need more space. And this rollator has a weight capacity of up to 350 pounds.
The Medline Standard Rollator adjusts for users of most heights and has about 22 inches between the handles. This rollator folds flat and is 24.75 x 11 x 32 inches. This Rollator weighs 19 pounds which is on the heavier side.
- Wide memory foam seat
- Easy Height Adjustment
- Cup Holder Attachment
- Under Seat Storage
- weighs 19 pounds
3. Drive Medical Aluminum Rollator
- Rolling Walker with Seat: Stylish and modern aluminum rollator rolling walker features a durable frame, padded seat and backrest, and a spacious storage pouch; 7.5-inch wheels and soft-grip tires are perfect for indoor/outdoor use
- Sturdy and Lightweight: Just 14 pounds, the portable rollator is easy to transport; built for everyday use, the weight capacity is 300 pounds
- Adjustable Fit: Rollator’s easy-turn lever allows you to quickly adjust the height of the ergonomic handles; height-adjustable rollator also includes a removable hinged backrest that can be folded up or down for easy storage
The Drive Medical Aluminum Rollator is another popular Rollator for Seniors. It is very easy to use, compact and lightweight.
It has a sturdy padded seat and backrest with a nice zippered pouch underneath for storage. And it comes equipped with soft-grip tires, perfect for indoor and outdoor use.
This Drive Rollator has a handle height of 33′-38′, and seat dimensions of 12x14x23. The Weight Capacity is 300 pounds and the rollator only weighs 14 pounds.
- Easy to fold
- Lightweight and easy to put in the car
- Works well on many surfaces
- Padded seat and padded backrest
- Zippered pouch underneath
- Higher Seat than others at 23″
4. Drive Medical RTL10266BL-HS Nitro
- Rolling Walker with Seat: This deluxe Nitro walker combines style with advanced features like a padded seat, hidden brakes, and deluxe storage bag for a premium experience; a great folding rollator walker for seniors and adults looking for advanced safety and deluxe comfort
- Deluxe Stability and Comfort: Wheeled walker features durable aluminum frame and cross-brace design coupled with a firm and stable foam seat; with a spacious bag for storage, it's perfect for everyday use
- Superior Wheels: Large 10-inch front casters glide the 4-wheeled walker over curbs and rough terrain while offering the rollator walker optimal maneuvering around furniture and corners
The Drive Medical Nitro Rollator is one of the more stylish Rollators on the market. It is compact and easy to fold and easy to put in the car.
The Rollator has an adjustable backrest and a zippered deluxe storage area which is removable. It also comes with other advanced features like a padded seat.
The size of this rollator is 27.75x 23 x 33.5 and the seat dimensions are 10x 18 x 20.5. The handle height is 33.5-38.25. And this rollator can support weights up to 300 pounds while only weighing 17.50 pounds.
- One-Handed Folding Design
- Lightweight Aluminum
- Comfortable Nylon Seat
- Adjustable Back Support Height
- Zippered Storage Bag
- Thinner wheels may not be best for extended outdoor use
5. Medline Aluminum Rollator Walker
- Perfect for seniors or any person with healthcare needs, this durable Medline medical rolling walker has a padded backrest for support and padded seat for users to rest in comfort
- Aluminum frame supports users weighing up to a 300lbs, 250lbs capacity; features storage pouch under seat with the capacity to hold personal belongings
- Equipped with casters — smooth-rolling 6 inch wheels that make this walking aid great for indoor use, around the home and outdoor | Dimension between handles: 17.5" | 20.5" seat height
The Medline Rollator Walker is a more affordable Rollator option. While it does not have memory foam padding, it has a nice size cushioned seat and storage area.
This rollator only weighs 14 pounds and can easily be folded flat for transportation or storage. And this rollator comes with a 250-pound capacity but can hold up to 300 pounds.
The Medline Aluminum Rollator Walker seat dimensions are 21.5x 7.5 x 18.8 inches. The adjustable grip handles go from 31 to 35 inches and should be adjusted based on how tall you are
- Very Affordable
- Padded Seat
- Height Adjustable Arms
- Easy Assembly and Storage
- Storage Bag Under Seat Padding
- Not as many bells and whistles as more expensive models
6. Drive Medical Winnie Lite Supreme Rollator
- 3-Wheel Walker Rollator: Our 3-wheel rollator walker features a special loop lock made of aluminum casting for easy operation and enhanced safety; 26” W x 22.75" L; Handle height: 32"-38"; Weight capacity: 300 lbs
- Soft-Grip Tires: Our stand-up walker features 7.5" casters with soft-grip tires that are ideal for indoor and outdoor use
- Adjustable Handles: Quickly and easily adjust the height of the drive walker handles using the self-threading knobs
The Drive Medical Winnie Lite Rollator is an affordable, convenient option. This walker allows for easy storage and one-hand folding. There is a self-threading tightening knob which makes it easy to tighten the frame in place.
The 7.5″ casters with soft-grip tires are ideal for indoor and outdoor use. And the height of the handles is quickly and easily adjustable using the self-threading knobs.
The dimensions of this 3-wheel rollator are 22.75x 26x 32, and the handle height is 31-38. The average weight capacity is 300lbs but the weight of the Rollator itself is only 14.2lb, which is a big selling point for this Rollator.
- Unique 3-wheel design rollator
- Easy one-hand folding
- Easy to take in and out of the car
- Easy-adjust knob
- only 14.2 pounds
- Not as much stability as a 4 wheel option
7. Medline Heavy Duty Rollator
- Extra wide, reinforced durable design to support higher weight capacities of adults or seniors (up to 400 lbs)
- Width between handles is 23.5”, perfect for persons needing extra room. Latex free
- Deluxe padded back and seat (17.5 inches x 14 inches) with velcro pocket underneath | Seat height is 22” and is not adjustable
The Medline Heavy Duty Rollator Walker is a perfect option for people who want a heavy-duty walker. The Frame and Seat are very durable and can withstand up to 400 pounds.
This walker comes with adjustable handles and padded back support. The width between handles is 23.5”, which is perfect for persons needing extra room.
The handles adjust from 31.5-37.5 and the measurement from floor to seat is 22″. The main dimensions of this rollator are 29×44.5x 29.
- Heavy duty
- Supports up to 400 pounds
- Large wheels and sturdy frame
- Folds easily
- Wide padded seat with adjustable handles.
- On the heavier side at 22 pounds
8. Health Line Compact Rollator
- PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS FIRST BEFORE ASSEMBLY OR see "Related Video Short" for assembly
- Attention! If the walker is not assembled correctly it will NOT be safe, sturdy. It may wobble. Please watch short related video and follow the instructions.
- COMPACT EASILY FOLDING WALKER WITH WHEELS This 3 Wheel Walker for Seniors Foldable. Healthline 3 wheel walkers for seniors lightweight, easily transported and stored. This Narrow Walker for Small Spaces is highly maneuverable and quickly folds into a compact shape, light tripod walker fits easily into the any car and takes up minimum spaces.
The Health Line Compact Rollator for seniors is one of the most popular walkers on Amazon. This walker provides a nice combination of affordability and features.
It is straightforward to use. This rollator is highly maneuverable in tight areas and can easily be folded up. It comes with a basket, tray, and a convenient pouch.
The height of this rollator is 21.3′ and the padded seat is 18x 9.8x .8 in thickness. The Rollator weighs 11.9 pounds and can support up to 300 pounds.
- Stylish design
- Compact and easy
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Curved backrest
- Easy fold design
- It does not have a seat
9. Carex 3-Wheel Rollator
- Contains (1) Carex Trio Rolling Walker, three-wheeled rolling walker for seniors. Lightweight, foldable & compact for easy maneuverability in tight spaces. Collapses quickly for storage & transport. Large storage bag & height adjustable handles. 7" wheels with locking brakes, one of the leading walkers in the category.
- This lightweight, folding, three-wheeled walker is easy to maneuver for increased mobility in narrow spaces. It goes where you go with its quick-collapse system for easy storage & transport. 3 wheeled rollators are much more maneuverable, but are really not intended for people who need full support or side to side balance issues
- The Carex Trio Rolling Walker includes a large storage bag with pockets for ID cards and cell phone. Transport yourself and your accessories with ease as you cruise through your day. It folds neatly and is a great choice for the elderly or handicap.DO NOT use a rollator in mud, ice, or puddles
The Carex 3-Wheel walker is a great choice for those on the go. It has a nice portable design and is easy to fold.
The Carex Rollator goes where you go with its quick-collapse system for easy storage & transport. It is also very maneuverable, even in tight spaces. And the storage bag comes equipped with smaller pockets for your phone and wallet.
The standard dimensions of this 3-wheel rollator are 22×25.5×38, and it weighs only 10 pounds! This is one of the lightest walkers we have found and for the weight, it has plenty of nice features.
- 3 Wheel design
- Easy access storage area
- Height adjustable handles
- Lightweight at 10 pounds
- Perfect for those on the go
- Not intended for full support side-to-side balance
There are a lot of factors to consider when deciding which rollator is best for you. As we mentioned, first consider what your needs may be. Perhaps you need a walker for narrow spaces, or one that is light-weight for travel, or one that is durable.
Thankfully, we live in a day and age where they are easy to find plenty of reviews and information without leaving home. Hopefully one on our list will be the right fit.