In a Hurry? Below are the Best Narrow Walkers for Seniors:
Drive Medical Winnie Lite Aluminum Rollator
Drive Medical Deluxe Two Button Folding Walker
Vive Folding Walker
Are you having problems walking due to injury, surgery, balance issues or any other condition? A walker for seniors where you can hold onto is what you need to be able to walk around your home or hospital. Unfortunately, most homes have narrow doorways and tight walkways. Most of the rooms are too small and a standard walker cannot fit in those spaces. In this case, narrow walkers for seniors become the best choice and enable you to maneuver through those tight spaces comfortably. Here are some of the most Popular Narrow Walkers on Amazon: This article will look at the advantages and also disadvantages of narrow walkers for small spaces and what to look for when buying one. But first let’s define a narrow walker and look at the various types of walkers for seniors in the market.
What Are Narrow Walkers For Seniors?A narrow width walker is simply a petite walker designed to help people who have issues walking to maneuver through tight spaces and narrow pathways. Instead of removing some furniture in a room so a standard walker can fit, you can use compact walkers for seniors instead. Many of the new designs allow for them to fit through very small spaces. Apart from home, small walkers with wheels also come in handy at the office and other congested places like airport and train station.
Different Types of Narrow Walker For Elderly
1. Narrow Folding Walker For Elderly.If you have very narrow spaces, you may need to find a walker that is 21 inches wide at most. This of course means that larger people won’t be able to fit inside there because it’s very narrow. A folding walker also makes it easy to store because you can make it very compact and store under the seat, in the car or even in a bag. Able Life Space Saver Walker is an ultra-narrow walker at 21.5 inches wide followed by Drive Medical 2 Button Folding Universal Walker at 21.5 inches wide.
2. Wheeled Walkers For Seniors.As the name suggests, wheeled elderly walkers come with either two or three wheels. The purpose of wheels is to makes it easier on the patient to move from one point to the other without using too much strength. The wheels also make it very easy to negotiate tight corners and spaces. NOVA GetGo Petite Rollator Walker tops this category because of its 22″ inch narrow frame making it suitable for maneuvering through smaller doorways. It can also handle 300 lbs weight capacity. Alternatively Winnie Lite Supreme/Go Lite 3 Wheel Aluminum walker from Drive Medical is another best suit in this category because it’s very light, stable and comes with a carrying porch for your stuff.Vive 4 Wheel Medical Rolling Walker with Seat & Bag ideal rollator unique folding design, easy-to-use braking system, extra wide seat with a sturdy backrest and it can hold a person over 250 lbs.
4. Ultra-Lightweight Walker.Sometimes, the patient may not have the physical strength to lift up a standard walker or even use it. If such a person doesn’t have full time help, their best bet is to have an ultra-lightweight walker which they can easily lift up for storage. Front wheeled walkers are usually the lightest. An example is this cool aluminum constructed Deluxe Two Button Folding Walker. Some rollators are also light with this Medline Freedom Mobility Lightweight Folding Aluminum Rollator Walker only weighing 11lbs, and able to handle 250 lbs weight capacity, making it one of the best lightweight walkers for the elderly.
5. Small Walker for Elderly.Short people find most types of walkers for elderly very uncomfortable and strenuous on their hands. Small walkers for short people are designed in such a way that you don’t have to elevate your arms so they are very comfortable. Vive Narrow Folding 23 Inch Wide Height Adjustable Front Wheel Walker and NOVA GetGo Petite Rollator Walker are the best rated walkers for elderly in this category because of their height adjust ability capacity and narrow frames.
6. Walkers for Seniors with Seat.A walker with seat comes in handy when you have weak lower muscles, injury or you are recovering from a surgery. You can just sit down comfortably, lean back on your backrest and drive your walker to wherever you want to go. It takes the pressure off your feet and also your arms because the four wheels will be able to roll you from one place to another and not your arms. Drive Medical Adjustable Height Rollator, 6″ Casters boasts the most cushioned seat with a zippered bag under it and it’s very adjustable.
7. Walking Canes for Seniors.If your space is extremely limited and a standard walker cannot fit, you might want to consider a walking cane for seniors. Canes are the oldest form of support for seniors with balance issues, injuries and conditions like arthritis. Gone are the days when canes were just long wooden sticks with a handle because todays canes are adjustable, slip resistant and stable. Vive Adjustable Walking Cane is the perfect choice because it has a four prong base, soft grip and adjustable height.
Advantages Of Having A Narrow Walkers For Small Spaces Compared To Wide Walkers.
- Easy To Maneuver
- Easy Storage
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Narrow Walkers For Seniors.Choosing a perfect narrow walker for senior citizens takes more than just walking into a shop and picking the most beautiful one. It is critical to know what makes a walker better than the rest and also understand the needs of the user because there is no one fits all kind of walker. Here are some of the features to look for when buying a small walker;
- Safety Features
- Easy To Use