Finding the right walker for your loved one is important. Today, there are many walkers with seats to choose from.
We have done the research to help you choose the right walker that fits you or your loved ones needs.
Before You Buy
Buying a walker is a mini investment. Most people end up buying a couple of walkers until they find the one they like. Before you buy, make sure you keep these things in mind.
1. Stability – Make sure the walker has great stability. Check to see what the weight limits are.
2. Brakes – Will you need a walker with brakes?
3. Size – Make sure the walker fits your size. Meaning, make sure the walker fits your height and weight.
4. Budget – Know your budget prior to purchase. And as we mentioned earlier, most people end up buying a few walkers for the house. Or find one that fits all your needs and combined price if you were to buy a few.
5. Functionality – Make sure the walker fits your lifestyle. If you plan to travel, make sure it can easily fold and fit in your trunk. Plus make sure how wide or how narrow the walker needs to be.
Walkers are getting a new look, according to the Wall Street Journal. They are now made more robust, lighter, aerodynamic, and above all, they have padded cushion seats.
Top Walkers With Seats
In this article we will focus on the latest walkers with seats. There are many models out there. If you are in the market for a walker with a seat, keep reading.
Having a walker with a seat is very important. Especially if you want to keep on the go but stop and sit for a moment. Additionally, most have a back lumbar support to support your back when you are sitting.
1. Drive Medical RTL 10266 Nitro Euro Style Rollator Walker, Standard Height
- Rolling Walker with Seat: Stylish and modern nitro walker comes with a lightweight frame and a spacious under-seat deluxe zippered storage bag for added privacy and security
- Wheeled Walker: Features a built-in brake cable for extra safety and protection; large 10-inch front casters allow for optimal steering and rolling comfort of this walker with wheels
- Adjustable Rollator: Push-button allows you to quickly adjust the height of the handles; the backrest of the height adjustable rollator can be moved up or down via a tool-free thumb screw
The first time I saw this was while visiting family in Oklahoma. Great Uncle Ken (80s) was using one. I noticed how easy his daughter was able to put the walker into the car trunk after Uncle Ken got in the car.
The walker not only is a rollator (has wheels) but is lightweight, has a seat and a bag. Plus it is in a cool shade of red. Uncle Ken used the walker with ease.
Safety features include adjustable handles with breaks. This is another great feature.
You want to make sure the person using it is upright, at the right height, so they can maneuver and use the brakes accordingly.
- 5 Star review with over 7K reviews
- Offered in 3 wheel or standard or tall for persons 6 feet or above
- Zipper storage bag
- 27.75 x 23 x 36.3 inches; 17.5 Pounds
- Made of lightweight aluminum
- Product weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Offered in red, white, green or black
- Brake system
2. ELENKER Upright Walker
- Back Straight and Remain Active: The height of padded armrest from ground is 38”-43”, soft padded armrests keep your forearms at a natural level, relieve painful stress on shoulders and back.
- Stability and Security: Solid PVC material 8” wheels, 360°swivel front wheels for easy maneuvering, sturdy enough for indoor and outdoor smooth ride. Ergonomic hand brakes, push forward to slow or stop.
- Foldable and Convenient: Easy assembly, no need any tools, compact size for storage. Detachable polyester storage bag, cane holder to leave your hands free.
Walkers have come a long way over the years. We wanted to provide the Upright Rollator with a seat as an option.
The beautiful part of these walkers is they support your arms as you walk. And of course there will be moments when you need to use the seat. Moreover, the seat has a great backrest.
Additionally this walker comes with a great storage bag and is easy to fold up. Plus they offer wonderful customer service from Elenker if you have any questions.
- 4.5 Star review with over 1K reviews
- Padded armrest and lightweight PVC material
- Weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Product weight: 18 pounds
- Comfortable Seat with Backrest: 18”(L) x 10”(D) x 21”(H)
- Brake system
3. Medline Heavy Duty Rollator Walker with Seat, Bariatric Rolling Walker Supports up to 500 lbs
- HEAVY DUTY STEEL FRAME - The Medline Bariatric Heavy Duty Rollator features a strong, reinforced steel frame to support up to 500 lbs
- LARGE 8 INCH WHEELS - Smooth rolling 8 inch wheels with reinforced spokes for extra strength easily roll on all indoor surfaces and outdoor terrain
- EASILY FOLDS - Rollator walker folds flat for easy storage and transportation. Walker weighs 25 lbs
Finding the right support is super important. The Medline Heavy Duty is just that, heavy duty. The walker has a strong, reinforced steel frame to support up to 500 lbs.
This walker is wider as well. The overall dimensions are 29″ W x 44.5″ H x 29″ D. Due to the wider width, this walker may not fit through certain doors. But is great for open spaces.
The wheels on this walker are also larger than most which makes this walker great for supporting heavier persons. And the handles are adjustable which we love to make sure the walker is fitted to your height.
- 4.5 Star rating with over 3,500 reviews
- Easily folds for travel and store in your car as you take your loved one to appointments
- Heavy duty steel frame
- Larger wheels
- Adjustable handles
- Lumbar back rest
- Comfortable cushion seat
- Brake system
4. Medline Freedom Mobility Lightweight Folding Aluminum Rollator Walker
- Lightweight aluminum rollator frame supports up to 250 lb, weighs only 11 lbs, and features easy grip brakes for added safety plus 6-inch wheels/casters
- Arms and seat are height adjustable to accommodate users 4'11" to 6'4"
- Combination of padded seat and backrest for added comfort, along with the foldable, lightweight design for hassle-free, compact storage | Easy tool-free assembly
Medline is known for their variety of walkers from sturdy to lightweight. Freedom mobility is the key with this walker.
This is one of Medline’s lightest walkers and weighs only 11 pounds. This is perfect if you are consistently putting your walker in the back of the car to take your loved one to appointments.
The 6 inch wheels allow for mobility in most areas. The frame allows for you to travel through doors 22 inches or wider easily.
Freedom mobility has Height-adjustable arms and legs to help the user find a perfect fit. The rollator accommodates users 4’1″ to -6’4″ (147-188 cm). And the weight capacity is 250 lbs.
- 4.5 Star rating with over 1,300 reviews
- Holds up to 250 pounds
- Adjustable handles
- Lightweight aluminum frame weighs 11 pounds
- Easy to fold
- Padded seat and backrest
- Removable storage back under seat
- Brake system
5. Evolution Trillium Lightweight Medical Walker Rollator with Seat, Large Wheels
- Lightweight at 14 pounds and compact at 26”(W) X 25.5” (L) and front caster tight turning radius makes for easy handling in tight places such as at home through doorways and shopping in crowded aisles.
- Safe stability is maintained by walker or rollator design, supporting a wide base stance to easily adjusted handle bar height ratio. Locking hand brakes without exposed cables also add safety.
- Outdoor usage is highly encouraged because the large wheels 8” glide over uneven surfaces and obstacles the user may encounter, additionally the long lasting EVA tires are tough and durable.
This walker was designed to go to most places. The large wheels are great for outdoor use. Besides being lightweight, it has great mobility. Especially in tight spaces.
The seat is very comfortable with plush padding. The handle in the middle of the seat is super easy to use when folding the walker for travel. Plus it has a convenient bag under the seat for storing your stuff.
Having a lightweight frame, only 14 pounds, does not stop this walker from supporting up to 300 pounds.
Trillium offers three sizes. Mini (seat at 18 inches), Regular (seat at 21 inches), and Tall (seat at 24 inches). Besides sizes, they also come in colors including pink, red, green, black, and white.
- 4.5 Star rating
- Super cushion padded seat has a single hand folding system
- Larger 8 inch wheels with great turning radius
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Color and size options
- Made in USA
- Brake system
Finding the right walker with a seat is important if you like to keep moving but take need to sit. Maybe you are heading out on a cruise or going to the mall. Having a walker with a seat is perfect when you need to sit and take a break.
Our best picks include walkers with seats and most include a storage bag. They offer a brake system for safety and most have adjustable handles. Additionally, many walkers nowadays come in colors to highlight your loved ones personality.
Here are a few other quick links to checkout on Amazon: