Essential oils are natural oils that are obtained after distilling plants. Essential oils are used in treatment of various diseases, as well as in production of beauty products such as perfumes. In this article, we reveal how you can use essential oils for plantar for fasciitis and the best ones to use.
Plantar fasciitis is among the most popular foot ailment that is associated with pain especially when walking. It is also believed that one out of ten people experience help pain at least once in their lifetime.
Plantar fasciitis can be a very painful foot inflammation that passes through the sole of your feet which connects your heels to the toes. It is caused by failure of your feet to absorb shock properly. Below are the best essential oils for plantar fasciitis.
Top 7 Essential Oils for Plantar Fasciitis-2020 Reviews
1. Handcraft Frankincense Oil-100% Pure and Natural
If you have been searching for a top quality essential oil for plantar fasciitis, Handcraft Frankincense Oil is among the best you should consider. It is tested in an independent lab for quality. Each bottle is thoroughly tested to ensure that its constituents doesn’t have filters or addictives. It also comes in an amber bottle which protects the oil from UV rays. Again, it also comes with a glass dropper which allows you to use the exact amount you need without wastage. It also blend well with clove, lemon, rosemary, rose, geranium, bergamot, sandalwood among others. Also note that it is FDA approved which means that you should trust its quality. Unlike other, it comes with a big bottle which means that it will last long.
· Made in a FDA approved facility
· Glass dropper prevents wastage
· Doesn’t have a good smell
2. Plant Therapy Ginger Root CO2 Essential Oil 100% Pure
Plant Therapy Ginger Root CO2 is another reliable oil for plantar fasciitis anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger contains antioxidants which helps your skin. These properties also enable it to reduce inflammation naturally. Again, every bottle goes through various GC-MC tests to certify that it meets the required quality standards. Another thing you need to know is that it is created using CO2 extraction. CO2 is known to have different aromatic compounds which man that the essential oil is free from solvents. You can also use it topically to soothe sore muscles or joints with 1%dillution. This is one of the reasons why it is highly recommended for plantar fasciitis. Apart from that, it can also be used to solve digestive problems as well as improving blood circulation. Again, you can add it to a carrier oil blend to create a massage oil which you can use for joint and muscle aches.
- · Provides digestive support
- · Anti-inflammatory properties
3. Plant Therapy Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil 100ml 3.3 oz
Undiluted Eucalyptus Globulus oil is one of the most versatile essential oils that are used for various health conditions. It is made from eucalyptus tree leaves and it does not have any filters or addictives. It has a strong herbaceous scent which makes it a great option for those suffering from respiratory diseases. It is also effective for aching joints and muscles. Additionally, it is also used to stimulate a healthy circulation. The good thing about it is that it is very easy to use. When you want to use it for respiratory conditions, you can just add a few drops or Rosemary 1, lemon essential oils, Eucalyptus Globulus and 8- Cineole to an inhaler blend. The price is also decent for those searching for a high quality and cheap essential oils for planter fasciitis.
- · Anti-inflammatory agent
4. Peppermint Essential Oil 100% Pure Therauopetic Grade Peppermint Oil-10ml
Peppermint Essential Oil is one of the best essential oils you can use for plant fasciitis. It has a very refreshing smell that you will absolutely love. Apart from the wonderful smell, it is very effective in relieving pain as well as inflammation. Again, mild stimulant properties allow it to control plantar fasciitis symptoms more successfully. Unlike other essential oils, this one is 100% pure which means that it is very reliable. Also note that it is GCMS tested for purity. It blends well with other essential oils such as lemon oil, lavender oil, marjoram oil, eucalyptus oil and rosemary oil. Apart from using it for plantar fasciitis, it is also used to make sprays, soaps, lotions, candles, massage lube, beard oil, facial and hair oils. In addition, it can also be used to repel rodents, mice spiders, rats, bugs, roaches, ants and other insects.
- · GCMS certified for purity
- · Can be used as a repellant
- · Effective for scalp condition
5. Black Pepper Essential Oil-100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Black Pepper
What most people don’t know about black pepper is that it can be used as an essential oil. It contains some antioxidant properties which protects your body from various problems such as oxidative stress. In addition, it has antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties which enables it to relief pain or aches. It also provides a warming sensation once you apply it on the affected area. Once you order it, it comes in UV blocking essential oils bottles and it is also made in a state of-art GC-MS lab. This gives you an assurance that it is 100% essential oil. As compared to others, it has a unique smell which makes it among the most popular essential oils with an amazing smell. Another thing that sets it apart from other essential oils is that it combines excellent distillation and bottling care process which means that it is the most superior and effective essential oil on the market.
- · Made of top quality ingredients
- · Rigorous quality testing
6. Pure Grapeseed Oil for Skin Care-Anti Aging Grape Seed Extract Body
Pure Grapeseed Oil for Skin Care is another fantastic essential oil you should consider for plantar fasciitis. The good thing about it is that it doesn’t have filter or impurities. This enables fatty acids and antioxidants to provide maximum effectiveness. Apart from using it for plantar fasciitis, it is also useful in preventing wrinkles and spots.
You should note that it has Vitamins D, E and C which keeps your skin free from harmful radicals. Again, it has polyphemols and fatty acids which prevents premature aging. In addition, it contains linolic acid which enhances healing. Linolic acid also helps to fight cholesterol which is a major cause of plantar fasciitis. It is also effective in preventing irritation which is another cause of plantar fasciitis. You will also find that it is among the most affordable essential oils you will ever find.
7. NextReief Cooling Pain Relief Cream- 3- 0z USA Made with Arnica, Aloe, Tea Tree Oil, More- Feels Great on Muscles and Joints
This one is not an essential oil but it is the most powerful pain relief cream for plantar fasciitis. It is made up of Vitamin B6, Tea Tree Oil, Aloe, Arica, MSM and Vitamin E. Due to this combination, it provides a faster cooling relief. It is very effective when you apply it on the feet, muscles, sores and joints. Another thing you will love about it is that unlike other pain creams, this one does not leave an icky residue. Instead, it rubs in smoothly to relieve pain from your joints and muscles.
The other impressive this is that the product is made in USA in a facility that is FDA approved. This means that it meets all the quality standards. Whether you want to use it on your knees, neck, feet, back, shoulders, calves or any other part of your body, you are guaranteed that it will give you excellent results. It is one of the most preferred product by athletes, physical therapists, yogis and martial art artists.
- · Very effective for relieving pain
- · It can be used on different body parts
Why should you use oils for plantar fasciitis?
Essential oils have been proven to be effective in treatment of plantar fasciitis. You will find that they have very useful ingredients which enables them to relive pain and inflammation. They also enhance blood circulation. Also note that they are the cheapest way of treating plantar fasciitis. Some of the reasons why essential oils are highly recommended include;
- They have been tested and proved to be the most effective solution for plantar fasciitis as well as inflammation. This means that they help to relieve foot pain when it is in acute stage.
- Essential oils relieve pain without hurting you. They are also preferred because they do not have side effects.
- In terms of price, you will find that they are inexpensive which means that everyone can afford them.
What causes plantar fasciitis?
Several factors may lead to this condition. The major causes of plantar fasciitis include;
- · Deformed foot structure– People who were born with a high arch feet or flat feet are likely to have planer fasciitis.
- · Overweight- Overweight leads to increase in pressure which may cause pain around your feet when walking or standing.
- · Standing for a long time– If your job requires walking, running or standing for long hours, you may suffer from this condition. This explains why runners are the most affected by this condition.
- · Age –As you grow old, your body’s ability to repair damaged tissues deteriorates. As a result, most of the people who suffer from planter fasciitis are between 40-60 years.
- · Injury –Activities that involve jumping such as playing basketball, tens, skipping and gymnastics may also lead to his condition.
Plantar Fasciitis Symptoms
Planter fasciitis symptoms include;
1. Foot tenderness- It might also be accompanied by foot swelling.
2. Hell pain- You are likely to experience this pain in the morning. If you have been experiencing this, night splints will be of great help.
3. Joint & bone pain- This pain becomes worse when you are exercising or carrying heavy items.
Plantar Fasciitis Treatment
Two ways are used in treatment of plant fasciitis. The first one is through surgery and the other one is through non-surgical treatments. However, only a small percentage of this suffering from this condition will require a surgery. Below are some of the things you should try to control this condition.
2. Ice massaging– This is one of the most effective ways of controlling inflammation. However, applying ice directly on your feet is not the best thing you can do. Instead, you should use a towel when applying ice.
3. Stretching – You need to do some exercises that involve stretching your muscles. This is another proven way of controlling pain.
6. Minimize walking– Running or walking for long hours is a major cause of planter fasciitis. If possible, try to minimize activities that involve walking, running or standing.
Tips for using Plantar Fasciitis Essential Oils
- Test the essential oil on your skin to ensure that it won’t irritate your skin or cause any allergic reaction. You can do this by running a drop on your skin and then wait for some few hours.
- Never heat the essential oil on your microwave or oven. Oils are likely to burn which might lead to even more pain. If you want to experience a warm sensation you should put a few drops of the oil on your hands and then rub before applying on your skin.
- You should not consume essential oils. Some people might be tempted to add a few drops on beverages but that is not a good idea.
Safety and Precautions While Using Essential Oils for Plantar Fasciitis
Even though essential oils are highly recommended to those suffering from plantar fasciitis, you should consult your doctor first before buying. Professional medical consultation and treatment should come first. Again, they are not ideal for everyone since in some instances they are likely to cause irritation.
How do you use Essential Oils for Planter Fasciitis?
Below are the most effective ways of using essential oils for plantar fasciitis.
· A foot soak tub or a large basin
· 10 drops of essential oil
- Fill the basin with 2/3 full of hot water and allow it to cool down.
- Add the Epsom salt plus the essential oil in the water.
- Stir the ingredients using your feet
- Soak your feet for about 15 minutes
- Try this at least twice per day if you want to achieve the best results
· 1 tablespoon of carrier oil
· 5 drop of essential oil
- Put about 1 tablespoon of carrier in your hand
- Apply that mixture on your feet
- You also need to apply the mixture around the calf muscle and tendon area
- Massage the Achilles tendon area and the calf for about 5 minutes.
- After you are done, you can now apply ice using an ice pack to your feet for about 5-10 minutes. Try this before you go to bed.
· 20 drops of essential oils you can mix different essential oils like lavender, eucalyptus ginger etc.]
· 5 drops of black pepper essential oil
· 1 oz of any of the carrier oils such as coconut, olive or almond
- Add the essential oils plus the carrier oil in a clean glass bowl
- Apply that mixture on the affected area
- Press your feet using your thumb. Other fingers should move in a squeezing motion.
- Use knuckles to knead the soles of your feet. You should stop this immediately if you experience excessive pain.
- Try this for 5-10 minutes at least twice per day. You can do this in the morning and in the evening.
Frequently Asked Questions
a) What is the best treatment for plantar fasciitis?
Pain relievers and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are great for plantar fasciitis. Essential oils are also effective and the good thing about them is that they are very cheap and easy to apply.
b) Is soaking in Epsom salt good for plantar fasciitis?
Epsom salt is normally used to cleanse wounds and it is also an excellent pain reliever. You can also dissolve it in warm water to reduce inflammation, treat an infection and eliminate odor.
c) How do I permanently get rid of plantar fasciitis?
Te first thing you need to do is to control your weight especially if you are overweight. You also need to use supportive shoes which has excellent foot and arch support.
d) What is the major cause of plantar fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is mainly caused by repetitive strain injury of the foot sole.
If you are already suffering from planter fasciitis, any of the above essential oils will be of great help to you. They are the best essential oils for plantar fasciitis you can find today. If you want to get the best results, you should also try other methods of plantar fasciitis treatment that we have mentioned in this article. Investing in those products we mentioned will also save you a lot of medical expenses. They are all cheap which means that they won’t drain your pockets.
Even if you are not experiencing this problem, it is good to take some prevention measures. For example, buying the right shoes and insoles is one of the most effective ways of preventing this condition. Again, avoid any activity that will stress your feet like running, standing and walking for long hours unless you are using the best soles or quality