Adult diapers for old persons come in handy when push comes to shove and you want to protect the dignity of your elderly person.
As people age, certain health conditions can come with incontinence. Some of these diseases include dementia, arthritis, Alzheimer’s and many others can render old people practically hopeless.
One of the most common conditions that accompanies all these disease and even just old age is urinary incontinence; the inability of the person to control their urine.
There are many products that can help. We took a look at the types and picked a few best options.
Table of Contents
- Types Of Adult Diapers For Seniors
- Adult Diapers For Men – Incontinence Products For Men
- Adult Diapers For Women – Women’s Incontinence Products
- Things To Know Before Buying Diapers For Elderly
- Top Pick of Diaper for Seniors
Types Of Adult Diapers For Seniors
There are basically three types of elderly diapers for old people and everything else is just a variation or improvement of the 3 types;
Briefs look like most baby diapers in that they are attached by tabs on the side. There are several variations if briefs including cloth-like backing, plastic-backing, re-fasten, overnight and day use briefs.
Here is our top pick – Depend Real Fit Incontinence Briefs for Men
Pull-Ups Adult Diapers:
Pull-up diapers look like normal underwear and you can just pull them up and down when going to the bathroom.
They are suitable for people who are busy and those who can’t remember to unfasten the tabs especially dementia patients.
Here is our top pick – LivDry Adult Incontinence Underwear
Re-Usable Adult Diapers:
People who have light incontinence and they are mentally sound can use reusable adult diapers because they can be washed and worn again.
Though reusable diapers for the elderly are expensive to buy, you can wear them over and over again.
Here is our top pick – LeakMaster Comfortable and Effective Adult Diaper Pant.
Adult Diapers For Men – Incontinence Products For Men
Most adult disposable diapers in the market are made to be unisex and anybody can use them. However, some companies have taken it a step further by making adult diapers specifically for men.
Having in mind than men may have different needs to women because of the different anatomical build; adult diapers for men may come with a fully-functional fly, wide elastic waistband, built-in protective pouch and a masculine front panel.
On top of briefs and pull-ups, diapers for men also come in boxer shorts with a moisture-proof pouch and built-in floating so the man is comfortable.
- Incontinence underwear for men with Trusted Protection that instantly locks away wetness and odors with super absorbent material and our most comfortable fabric for ultimate performance
- Premium and underwear-like with a stretch waistband for a secure fit and comfortable tailored leg elastics to help prevent leaks.Do not flush
- Super soft, breathable cotton-like material in a sleek, masculine brief that is comfortable, durable and discreet under clothing, unlike bulky adult diapers
Adult Diapers For Women – Women’s Incontinence Products
With elderly women being the most affected by urine incontinence, adult diapers for old lady are very necessary.
These women diapers are designed to be highly absorbent so the woman can feel fresh and comfortable for a long time and also prevent vaginal infections caused by warmth and moisture.
Their soft-like material makes them lightweight and comfortable so you feel like it’s just regular underwear.
- Material absorbs immediately providing long lasting dryness and a more comfortable** experience, so you can go about your day worry-free
- Form-fitting elastic strands for a smooth, discreet fit under clothing that are flexible to move with you, unlike bulky adult diapers
- Unbelievably soft bladder incontinence or postpartum incontinence underwear with odor control in a feminine blush color, 3 designs, and has a SureFit waistband for a comfortable underwear-like fit
Things To Know Before Buying Diapers For Elderly
Apart from deciding whether you want a disposable or cloth diaper, pull up or brief, you also have to choose the best adult diaper for your needs.
With the market flooding with so many brands, what features do you look for in adult diaper for old age persons?
A comfortable fit is what you should go for so the user can go about their day or sleep without thinking about the diaper.
Apart from being dry, the elderly diaper should also be the right size and the right fit for the body shape.
The ideal diaper underwear is one that can absorb a lot of urine without leaking for hours.
However, the level of absorbency you want can be determined by how much urine the person passes depending on how much they drink, health and of course size.
Some people can control their urine to some degree while others cannot at all so that also matters.
Unlike kids, adults don’t want people to know that they are wearing diapers or to ruin their style.
The best adult diapers should be very discreet and that is why pull-ups are so popular. When you wear it underneath your pants or skirt, nobody should be able to see that you are wearing a diaper.
Top Pick of Diaper for Seniors
With so many to choose from, we opted for a shorter list to save you some time.
1. Tranquility Premium Incontinence Disposable Overnight Diapers
- Premium overnight disposable absorbent underwear (sometimes called pull-on or pull-up diapers) are designed for maximum levels of incontinence (20 oz to 34 oz capacity varying by size) allowing wearer uninterrupted sleep or confidence during long airplane flights
- Pull-on style product with tear-away side seams for easy removal; available in six convenient sizes: Small, small, medium, large, X-Large (XL), and 2X-Large (XXL)
- Comfortable, breathable sides and a full-rise waist panel provide a snug fit; latex-free
Tranquility Premium Overnight Disposable Diapers are among the best pull up diapers for adults to provide maximum protection and comfort for uninterrupted sleep.
These absorbent pull-up diapers for seniors are able to hold up to one quart of fluid making them suitable to wear on long flights as well.
- An ample, full-rise waist panel
- Available in six sizes (X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large (XL), 2X-Large (XXL
- Tear-away side seams allow for easy removal.
- It is soft and gentle against your skin.
- Guaranteed skin dryness, odor reduction, urine pH neutralization, and bacterial growth.
- The inner leg cuffs channel fluids into the core, helping to contain high volume episodes.
- Feel very heavy when full
2. Confidry Max Absorbency Diapers
- Please note that the sizing on this product is a bit larger than others, Please double-check the size chart before ordering
- All our Briefs have a Soft White Plastic Backing with no Markings
- Voted for the most absorbent and comfortable brief, with pH neutralization and odor control
Voted to be the driest diaper ever, these Confidry Max Absorbency Diapers for the elderly enables a previously-unheard of absorption capacity of 2-3 liters.
The leak-proof diapers for adults are suitable for an active lifestyle and undisturbed full night rests.
- Dependable leak control system
- 3d absorbency system to keep your skin dry for hours
- Wider tapes for a perfect fit
- Front & back elastic waist bands
- Soft lining for comfort & dryer Skin.
- Snug fit to prevent rubbing and friction
- Odor control PH neutralization.
- Discreet and ideal for travel
- No wetness indicator
3. Abena Abri-Flex Premium Protective Underwear For Heavy Incontinence
- Classification-ultra heavy Incontinence, Absorption-81 ounce/ 2400 ml, Waist size-Medium 32 inch x 44 inch
- Double absorbent core-ultra absorbent core transfers wetness and moisture quickly away from the skin ensuring the feeling of dryness. Odor protection-two premium super absorbing polymers lock odor away
- Backsheet-super soft 100 percent breathable non-woven offers the ultimate in comfort and dryness.
Abena High-Quality Pull-Up Pampers for seniors are among the most popular adult diapers in Europe designed to give users exceptional comfort and dryness.
The overnight diapers for adults have breathable, cloth-like backing that makes the user feel like they are just wearing normal underwear and they guarantee the greatest retention.
- Latex-free design
- Leak up guards
- Four-strand elastic around the legs
- Wetness indicator
- Extra tall waist band for protection when sleeping
- Wide range of users from size 32 to 44
- Discreet white color and material
- Holds a great deal of liquid
- Impressive absorbency and comfort
- It’s not available for very thin people.
4. Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs
- Abena's heaviest absorbency diaper with two refastenable tape tabs on each side.
- Classic style with plastic (poly) exterior
- Features stand-up leak-guards, wetness indicator.
Holding true to the Abena brand, these Abri-Form Comfort Briefs have exceptional absorbency keeping the user dry and comfortable for up to 12 hours.
However, these particular types is modeled to fit a wider range of sizes from 28 inches to 43 inches and the tape tabs are refasten able for a snug fit.
- Leak up guards
- wetness indicator
- Latex-free and non-chlorine bleached
- Plastic exterior
- Discreet white color
- Absorbs up to 1kg of liquid
- Fairly affordable
- They are not very breathable
5. Swimmates Incontinence Disposable Adult Swim Diapers
- Adult Swim Diapers are disposable swimwear that is to be worn under a bathing suit to provide containment for bowel incontinence
- MOISTURE-PROOF BARRIER and Kufguards (inner leg cuffs) help contain bowel incontinence, keeping the pool and bathing suit clean
- OPTIMALLY DESIGNED to have minimal swelling and does not break apart. Tear-away side seams are used for easy removal and disposal
Old age and urine incontinence should not hold you back from swimming and enjoying life.
These Swimmates Disposable Adult Swim Diapers are designed purposely for swimming with elastic waist band for easy removal.
- Inner legs cuffs and leak up guards
- Latex free
- Bowel containment
- Tear away side seams
- Easy to wear and remove
- Discreet form-fitting under swim suit
- Full-rise waist panel for a better fit
- There is no water-proof outer layer
Finding the right disposable incontinence underwear is important. It will boost confidence and freedoms knowing you have the right coverage.
Today’s products have great coverage, plus some look and feel like underwear. They also come in extra large sizes. No matter what your needs are, there is a solution for you.
Other Awesome Resources:
- Does Medicare Help Pay For Assisted Living Facilities?
- Daybed with Pop Up Trundle For Adults
- Best Senior Day Care Centers near Me
- Most Comfortable Adjustable Beds for Elderly People
- Leak Proof Diapers For Adults
- Easy To Use Fitness Tracker For Seniors
- Inexpensive Gifts For Senior Citizens
- Easy Chair Based Exercises For The Elderly
- Safe Sleeping Pills For Elderly People
- Front Closing Bras For Elderly Women