As we continue to age, getting an effective and convenient way to exercise our body often becomes more challenging and proves to be great if not a tiring task.
It is at this point that you need a pedal exerciser specially designed for seniors. It is safe, easy to use, and pretty flexible.
A pedal exerciser is a mini exercise bike designed for low impact indoor workouts. Normally, the pedal exerciser does not come with a seat or handlebar.
In this article, we are going to dig deep into pedal exercisers for seniors in a bid to help you find your best fit.
Let’s start with what key pointers you should look out for when choosing a pedal exerciser.
Table of Contents
Top Picks: Pedal Exerciser For Seniors
You know what to look for. Now take a look at our top picks to find one that is right for you.
1. Sunny Health Mini Bike
For more than a decade, Sunny Health & Fitness has taken pride in distributing high-quality health and fitness products, and this mini magnetic bike is no exception.
For starters, this mini exercise bike is lightweight, making it perfectly portable. You can carry it around if you so wish.
It is made of a durable steel frame, so this bike is guaranteed to give you years of great service.
This Sunny Health & Fitness magnetic bike is all about versatility. It features eight tension controllers ensuring that you get the most out of every workout. It’s magnetic pedaling systems are smooth and silent, so you can comfortably go on with your workout session without the fear of disturbing other people around you.
The exercise bike’s pedals come with adjustable safety straps that keep the feet in place during the entire workout session. They are adjustable, making them perfect fit different foot sizes.
If you are particular about keeping track of your calories then you will love that it comes with an LCD that shows the number of calories burnt during the workout session, distance covered, speed, to mention a few.
- It is very lightweight, making it easier to carry around
- Features 8 different tension controllers that allow the user to exercise different muscles
- Features an LCD to keep track of your progress
- Its pedals have safety straps to keep you secure
- There have been complaints of the exerciser sliding off the floor
- The maximum user weight of this bike is only 220 pounds
If you are particular about buying from reputable brands, you are better off with this exerciser. However, you must be weighing 220 pounds and below to use.
2. Tabeke Mini Bike
Next on the list is the TABEKE Under Desk Pedal Exerciser by TABEKE. The bike is effortless to assemble and operate; it’s lightweight and has a handle making it portable and easy to store.
Like most mini exercise bikes, this one also features a bright, easy-to-read LCD that shows the time, number of calories burnt during the workout session, distance, and speed, and heart rate.
The bike also has anti-slip pedals that can accommodate any type of shoes.
When it comes to extra comfort and safety, this bike has got you covered. The bike’s pedals feature adjustable straps and a toe ring that keeps the user’s feet in place throughout the workout session. It is also equipped with an adjustable resistance knob, making it ideal for seniors with fragile bones and muscles.
- It has a bright and easy-to-read LCD to track progress
- It has an adjustable toe ring and pedal straps for extra safety.
- It is lightweight, making portable and easy to store.
- Some customers claim that it has very little resistance
This is a basic pedal exerciser that is pretty easy to use. If you are not so handy when it comes to putting things together, this is for you.
3. Deceli Under Desk Exercise
Another excellent option for seniors is this mini exercise bike by DECELI. This one also features a bright, easy-to-read LCD monitor display that shows the time, the number of calories burned, the rounds of cycling covered, and the speed.
It also has an adjustable resistance button that gives the user a chance to either crank it up or go slow with the workout, depending on their muscles and bone strength.
DECELI is all about safety; that is why the bike has anti-slip pads at the base of the bike to keep it steady throughout the workout session. It’s pedals also have adjustable safety straps to keep the user’s feet in place during the entire workout session.
It has a handle, weighs 13 pounds, and measures 13.7″ by 15.7″ by 11.6,” making it portable and easy to store.
- It is lightweight, portable and easy to store
- Comes with anti-slip pads to keep it steady
- Features safety straps on the pedals that provide extra safety
- There have been complaints of the pedal straps not being adjustable enough
Like the other two exercise bikes, this one is also suitable for seniors, but the anti-slip pads at the base are what makes this one stand out from the rest of the exercise bikes.
4. Vive Pedal Exerciser
This pedal exerciser aims at giving the user’s upper and lower muscles a low impact cardio workout, making it ideal for seniors with injuries or those who have undergone surgery.
For starters, it weighs 12 pounds and measures 16.8″ by 12.5″ by 8″ making it lightweight and easy to store, and carry around from room to room.
It also comes with straps on the pedals to help keep the feet in place during the whole workout session. The pedal exerciser features a bright, easy-to-read LCD monitor display that shows the time, speed, number of calories burned, distance, among other weight metrics.
You will love that It is very smooth and quiet, you do not have to worry about disturbing others around them. At the base of the exerciser, there are anti-slip rubber pads to help keep it steady on the floor. Even as you increase the speed it will not keep sliding off.
The exerciser comes with a screwdriver, a wrench, and a simple instruction manual, so it is easy to assemble. It also comes with a one year warranty, so you do not have to worry about malfunctions.
- It is very affordable.
- It has safety pedal straps and anti-slip rubber pads for extra safety.
- It features a bright, easy-to-read LCD monitor display that shows the time, number of calories burned, the distance, and speed.
- It is very smooth and silent
- Some customers have reported that it is not that steady
- There isn’t much difference between the resistance levels
What makes this bike unique is that it mainly targets specific upper and lower body muscles, making it ideal for seniors with muscle injuries or those who have undergone surgeries.
5. Vaunn Medical Exerciser
Wrapping up our list is the Vaunn Medical Folding Pedal Exerciser. This pedal exerciser is unique because it is designed to provide a low impact muscle workout for people undergoing physiotherapy. So judging from that, it’s resistance levels are low.
It weighs 59 pounds and it folds down with less hassle making it easy to store and carry around. The exerciser does not need any assembling, which makes it even more suitable for seniors.
It features a bright, easy-to-read LCD that shows the revolutions per minute, time, number of calories burned, to name a few. Like all the other bikes we have reviewed, this one also has adjustable pedal straps and anti-slip rubber feet for extra safety during a workout session.
Worried about the exerciser having malfunctions? Well, it has a one year warranty so you can have a replacement as long as you have bought it from a reputable seller and you are well within the warranty terms.
- It is lightweight and easy to store
- It is ready to use upon delivery
- Features an adjustable resistance knob
- It has anti-slip rubber feet and adjustable pedal straps for extra safety
- Only ideal for people who only want super low impact exercises
The features of this pedal exerciser make it ideal for seniors who are undergoing physiotherapy.
Benefits of using a pedal exerciser for seniors
- You can derive several benefits from using a pedal exerciser. These include:
- Burning of calories to lose weight and keep fit
- Losing the fatty parts above the knee thus keeping your joints healthy and reducing the risks of arthritis
- Helping you maintain an active lifestyle without necessarily giving up exercising
- Improving your blood circulation and metabolism
- Improving your heart rate
- Improving your sleep and mood
- Strengthening your lower and upper body muscles
The best pedal exerciser for seniors provides an easier, cheaper, and healthier training option for our senior citizens.
Our grandparents can now work out safely, conveniently, and at their own pace while reaping the many benefits of exercises including better overall health.
And with the avalanche of choices, seniors have every chance of become proactive and reclaiming a fitter lifestyle.