Moving freely isn’t possible for everyone. If you have an injury or chronic disability, it shouldn’t stop you from enjoying your favorite activities. An ultra-lightweight foldable mobility scooter can be just the answer that you need. It’s a simple option that gets you where you need to go without limitation but also without taking up too much space.
We’ve researched the best lightweight foldable mobility scooters available today to help you choose the one that’s right for you. Some models are great only for indoor use while others are great for all surfaces. Before you choose the ultra-lightweight mobility scooter model that’s right for you, know what it offers and where it’s best used so that you can easily get where you want to go.
Table of Contents
- Top Lightweight Foldable Mobility Scooters
- 1. Vine 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter
- 2. Transformer Automatic Folding Travel Scooter
- 3. Porto Mobility Ranger Quattro
- 4. EV Rider AF plus Automatic Folding Mobility Scooter
- 5. FreeRider USA Luggie Standard
- 6. WISGING Folding Electric Scooter
- 7. Horizon Mobility Lightweight Electric Scooter
- 8. iLiving V8 Foldable Electric Mobility Scooter
- 9. ATTO Folding Mobility Scooter
- 10. Culver Mobility Electric Power Wheelchair Scooter
Top Lightweight Foldable Mobility Scooters
Check out our top choices for the ultra-lightweight foldable mobility scooter below.
1. Vine 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter
- SAFELY NAVIGATE SMOOTH SURFACES: Easily maneuver over smooth surfaces with the Vive Three-Wheel Mobility Scooter—with comfort and ease. Designed to safely support up to 265 pounds, the mobility scooter and its tires were engineered for durability and safety. Its easy-grip tires are flat-free, non-marking, and are 8”. Its maximum speed is 3.7 mph, and it has a driving distance up to 12.4 miles per charge.
- COMFORTABLE SWIVEL SEATING: Comfortably padded, the wide, 16.9” seat and backrest provide gentle cushioning and support. The swivel seat rotates, allowing you to more easily step off the scooter without aggravating back pain. The height-adjustable seat can easily be customized with the push of a lever, for a more comfortable fit. Additionally, the scooter seat is surrounded by two padded armrests that adjust and flip upward—for greater convenience when exiting or boarding.
- EASY TO TRANSPORT: Quickly disassemble the Vive mobility scooter into four separate pieces for easy portability. Featuring a folding tiller and removable seat, each section easily fits in the trunk of standard size vehicles. The rear section weighs only 29 pounds and is the heaviest of the four pieces.
The Vive 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter supports up to 265 pounds and drives a maximum speed of 3.7 miles per hour. Most people get around 12 miles per charge, which typically lasts an entire day.
This scooter comes equipt with three flat-free, non-marking tires. And a wide seat and backrest with gentle cushioning and support. The swivel seat rotates, allowing you to more easily step off the scooter without aggravating back pain.
The Vine 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter disassembles quickly, fitting nicely in the average-sized trunk. The Vive scooter also comes with a 5-year guarantee.
- Provides easy maneuverability
- Height adjustable seat that rotates
- Disassembles and folds easily into four pieces
- User-friendly control panel
- It may tip if you go too fast (but this is the case with many scooters)
- It’s meant for indoor or smooth outdoor terrain, not grass, mud, or uneven terrain
2. Transformer Automatic Folding Travel Scooter
- AUTOMATIC FOLDING: A remote control folds and unfolds the unit for you in seconds. With a 300 lbs weight capacity and 3.75 mph top speed, the Transformer is ultra portable.
- AIRLINE APPROVED BATTERY: The lightweight lithium battery offers up to 13.7 miles per single charge. Your Transformer can be taken on your next flight, vacation, or cruise ship.
- COMPACT SIZE: The Transformer folds to the size of a small suitcase and easily fits inside most closets, laundry rooms, and the trunk of most cars.
The Transformer Automatic Folding Travel Scooter drives up to 3.75 miles per hour and provides up to 13.7 miles per charge. This scooter can support up to 300 pounds.
The Transformer folds to the size of a small suitcase and easily fits inside most closets, laundry rooms, and the trunk of most cars. It measures 18.1” wide and includes an airline-approved battery.
This is one ultra-lightweight mobility scooter that packs quite a punch for riders of all sizes. It includes a lifetime frame warranty and a 24-month warranty on the electronic portion of the scooter.
- The walker automatically folds and unfolds
- Folds compactly enough to fit in a small trunk or to travel via airplane
- Supports up to 300 pounds
- Includes armrests
- Weighs close to 50 pounds
- Takes some time to learn how to maneuver it to turn corners
3. Porto Mobility Ranger Quattro
- HORSE POWER!! Two 300 watt Brushless ultra powerful motors performing to the most on all terrain surfaces provide you with all the torque you could possibly need even on hills and inclines. Intelligent electromagnetic brake (electronic regenerative disc brake) to ensure passenger safety. Also, the Quattro has a freewheel or neutral option allowing it to be used as a manual chair so caregivers can opt to push it manually.
- LONGEST RANGE, The Dual Lithium Batteries Provide Lots Of Power For A Longer Time You can travel UP TO an impressive 30 Miles* with the batteries on a single charge, so you don’t have to worry about being stuck far from home. You could go to Parks like Disney and ride around all day long and still lots of battery left to go... Another great feature of the Quattro is that it uses Smart Power Technology. When both batteries are in the chair, it will draw power from both batteries simultaneously.
- EXCELLENT TURNING RADIUS: Radius and the ability to go in all directions with the NEW Sensi-Touch Joystick, not only can you drive your Quattro Wheelchair with just one finger, you can also navigate your Quattro into tight spaces that require sensitive turning abilities! Easily goes thru standard doorways! Comfortable, Clean and Convenient Ranger Quattro includes spacious under-the-seat storage, removable seat cushion and back rest (washable up to 95℃) and flip-up foot rest for added comfort.
The Quattro is a portable motor scooter with a manual option, making it easy for caregivers to push the chair around too. With large 13” rear tires and two 300-watt Brushless ultra-power motors, this scooter makes it easy to get up hills and around all terrains.
These two lithium batteries are airline-approved and this scooter is light enough to drive right up to the airline gate.
Porto offers 24×7 customer service and the chair itself has a 4-year warranty on the frame, a 2-year warranty on the motor, and a 1-year warranty on the controller and batteries.
- Provides up to 20 miles of driving on a single charge
- Has two 300-watt motors for ultimate horsepower
- Folds up in five seconds, fitting in most trunks
- Excellent turning radius
- The seat may feel a little thin to some people
- Hard to maneuver on gravel
4. EV Rider AF plus Automatic Folding Mobility Scooter
- Lightweight for Travel: Approved for airline and cruise ship travel. At only 49 lbs it can be taken nearly anywhere.
- Extra Performance: Newly updated with a 11.5 Ah Lithium battery which has increased the travel range up to 10 miles.
- Added Stability: The newly updated AF+ includes dual wheels in front for a more stable riding experience.
The EV Rider includes a rechargeable lithium battery for ease of use. With a 10-mile battery life and puncture-proof tires, this scooter gets you where you need to go with ease.
The newly updated AF+ includes dual wheels in front for a more stable riding experience. It has a two-hand throttle control and adjustable tiller for comfortable use.
With a seat height of 20 inches and a 25” wheelbase, this is one of the smallest mobility scooters available today and it’s sturdy and stable for daily use.
- Easily storable in cars and airplanes
- Narrow 31-inch turning radius
- The battery lasts up to 10 miles
- Only wights 49lbs
- Cannot be used as a manual scooter by a caregiver
- Using the scooter on an incline may drain the battery faster
5. FreeRider USA Luggie Standard
- Folds easily in 3 quick steps
- 250 pound weight capacity
- 11 mile range per full charge
The FreeRider Luggie Standard is a lightweight scooter that provides the electric mobility many people prefer. It provides up to 11 miles per charge with a speed of 4 miles per hour.
It folds flat for easy storage and has FDA approval for safety and stability. You can fold the scooter in just three steps and store it just about anywhere, even in tight spaces in your home.
- Provides up to 11 miles on one charge
- Supports up to 250 pounds
- Drives up to 4 miles per hour
- Includes an airline-approved battery
- Must be stored in the baggage compartment of an airplane (not overhead storage)
- There’s no room for a basket on the handles
- Weighs 57 pounds
6. WISGING Folding Electric Scooter
- FOLDING LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN - WISGING C09B Folding Scooter Mobility Weight Only 58 lbs with Battery. Its Unique Design allows it to Fold Quickly. It is about the size of a Suitcase and is Very Convenient for Storage and Travel. And with a basket.
- HIGH ENDURANCE DURABLE - WISGING C09B Folding Scooter Mobility is Equiped with 12AH Lithium Battery and Support for Longer Distances. It can about travel up to 12.86 Miles when the battery is Fully Charged. Three 8-inch Wheels, the Front Wheels are Equipped with Excellent Shock Absorption System, making it More Stable.
- REVERSE GEAR DESIGN - WISGING C09B Folding Scooter Mobility compared to other scooters has a Biggest Advantage is that it has a Reverse Gear, which allows you to Adjust your Driving Position Easily. Even in Crowded Conditions, you can also Change other Driving Routes Quickly.
The WISGING Folding Electric Scooter has three 10-inch wheels that provide stability and easy maneuverability. The WISGING scooter also has a reverse gear, which makes it easy to maneuver in tight spaces or when in crowded areas.
This scooter can travel up to 13 miles on a fully charged battery. And can easily climb up a 15-degree steep hill.
With a compact folded design, this scooter can be stored anywhere and its battery only weighs 6.6 pounds for easy transport.
- Folds easily down to the size of a suitcase
- Travels as much as 13 miles on one charge
- Includes a removable seat cover for easy sanitation
- Can be stored upright when folded
- You may have to use a slower gear for outdoor surfaces
- Includes only a one-year warranty
7. Horizon Mobility Lightweight Electric Scooter
- AVIATION TRAVEL! FDA Approval, Convenient, Easy for the Aviation Travel. Apply to all different road types such as grass, ramp, deceleration strip, brick, muddy, snow, bumpy road
- LIGHT WEIGHT! Portable Electric Wheelchair use the aircraft grade aluminum alloy frame more lighter and durable, it is one of the lightest model in this Heavy duty portable power chair category.
- POWERFULL! More powerful and quiet brushless motors (500W) with bigger rear tires (13"), which is just right without feeling bulky. Not only our tires are made with the best texture for comfort, D09 Wheelchair use Easy-to-detach connector on our joystick controller, so it can be easily detached without taking off the whole cable; travelling by air would be much easier and safe. And quick release anti-tilt support for safety.
The Horizon Mobility Scooter has big rear tires (13″), which are just right without feeling bulky. These tires are made with the best texture for comfort.
The battery gets up to 13+ miles per charge. It is also airline-approved and the scooter folds flat enough to fit inside most trunks or tight places.
- Quiet but powerful motor
- Get up to 13 miles on one charge
- 360-degree joystick for easy maneuvering
- Includes blue-tooth remote control
- It may be slightly heavier than other models
- It doesn’t lock when in a folded position
8. iLiving V8 Foldable Electric Mobility Scooter
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT MOBILITY SCOOTER: iLiving’s V8 Electric Scooter features an ultra-lightweight design. Made from durable aircraft-grade aluminum, this scooter weighs only 40 pounds including the rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.
- EASY PORTABILITY: Designed to move with ease, this compact and transportable scooter features our quick-and-easy two-step fold and unfold system for convenient travel.Motor: 140W
- EXTENDED BATTERY LIFE: Our batteries keep up with your active lifestyle. The heavy-duty, lithium-ion batteries can travel up to 15 miles on a single charge.
The iLiving V8 Electric Scooter is airplane friendly and comes with two lithium airline-approved batteries. It is easy to travel with, with a quick-and-easy two-step fold and unfold system.
Get up to 15 miles on one charge and feel safe with the bright LED headlights and taillights. One other safety feature of this scooter is that it will automatically reduce speed when you make a turn.
This scooter has a USB port that allows you to charge a cellphone and a comfortable seat that makes it easy to use even on long rides.
- Weighs just 40 pounds
- Takes just two steps to open or close it
- Speed automatically reduces when you take a turn
- Holds up to 275 pounds
- Limited colors
- You need the scooter key to access the battery compartment
9. ATTO Folding Mobility Scooter
- PORTABLE & FOLDABLE: The ATTO folds and unfolds in seconds! This folding scooter folds to the size of a small suitcase (15.3"L x 16.5"W x 28"H), or it can be split in two smaller pieces for easy transport & storage.
- AIRLINE APPROVED: The lightweight lithium battery is FAA approved for safe air travel, and the two smaller pieces fit easily in the plane's overhead bin.
- SLEEK DESIGN: With a stylish, eye-catching design, the ATTO can hold up to 220 lbs, drive up to 4 mph, last 10 miles per single charge, and turn countless heads as you drive by looking cool.
The ATTO folds and unfolds in seconds. This folding scooter folds to the size of a small suitcase (15.3″L x 16.5″W x 28″H), or it can be split into two smaller pieces for easy transport & storage.
This scooter can hold up to 220 pounds, drive at speeds up to 4 mph, and last for 10 miles per single charge. The ATTO is also safe for air travel, and can easily fit in a plains overhead bin.
The ATTO comes with a 3-year limited warranty on the frame, a 2-year warranty on electronics, and a 1-year warranty on the drivetrain, motor, and batteries.
- Folds down to 5.3″L x 16.5″W x 28″ for easy portability
- Supports up to 220 pounds
- Easily fits into an airplane’s overhead bin
- The battery has FAA approval
- A bit pricier than other scooters
- Only one color option
10. Culver Mobility Electric Power Wheelchair Scooter
- ELECTRIC WHEELCHAIRS FOR SENIORS – This portable electric wheelchair will be a perfect choice to get your mobility freedom back. Thanks to the powerful motors and long lasting lithium battery, our all terrain wheelchairs provide an extra distance of up to 10+ miles. With its foldable and durable design, our motorized wheelchair is designed for your comfort.
- DURABLE AND STURDY CONSTRUCTION – Our folding electric wheelchair is lightweight and easy to fold. The foldable wheelchair’s weight is just 55 pounds (with battery) thanks to the Aluminum Alloy that is super strong yet lightweight. We use it for the front and rear wheels to make them stronger. It is easy to load this travel wheelchair into your vehicle for transportation.
- OLDABLE FOR MORE COMFORTABLE USE – Equipped with 2 x 250W brushless motors and a 10AH acid battery, this high quality foldable wheelchair can be folded or unfolded with great ease. The 360-degree waterproof intelligent joystick ensures easy acceleration and brake as well as easy control. It can be installed on both left or right. The weight capacity of this power electric wheelchair for seniors is 265 lbs. No need for any maintenance
The Culver Mobility Scooter is constructed of lightweight aluminum and has FDA approval. It offers many safety features and folds up compactly, even standing up straight to store it.
This modle of scooter by Culver comes with a long lasting lithium battery providing 10+ miles per charge. The weight capacity on this scooter is 265 pounds.
The lithium battery is airline approved and its tires are big enough for stability without making the chair too bulky to store. The Culver Mobility Electric Power Wheelchair Scooter can be taken on airplanes, cruise ships, trains, and cars.
- Weighs just 55 pounds with the battery
- Works on many surfaces including grass and gravel
- Has large 13” rear tires
- Has a 360-degree waterproof joystick
- The seat may be too narrow for heavier people
- Must purchase a second battery separately if you want more distance than 10 miles
A mobility scooter is a much safer ride when compared to a bike. Most Mobility Scooters require very little effort in terms of balancing the scooter.
With a bike, we all know that one bad bump in the road and you can go flying over the handle bars. There is also a fun element to driving a Mobility Scooter.
Some Scooters can go up to 20MPH! At this stage of your life you have probably ridden enough bikes. If you think a bike would be a better fit here are a couple of articles on the best bikes for seniors: