Are you looking for the best gardening stools for seniors to make gardening easier? Gardening is such a wonderful and fun pastime for seniors. However, it can turn out to be harmful and painful if not done right.
Seniors can find more relief gardening with a garden stool.
Our post will reveal the best gardening stools for elderly people. Comfort is key if you’re to be spending hours on such a chair every day.
Table of Contents
- Top Gardening Stools For Seniors
- 1. Ohuhu Garden Kneeler and Seat – Top Pick
- 2. Kinsuite Rolling Work Seat – Top Rolling Pick
- 3. LEMY Garden Kneeler Seat – Best Budget Option
- 4. Suncast Outdoor Rolling Garden Scooter
- 5. The Original Bucket Stool
- 6. Gardman R616 Fold Away Garden Kneeler and Seat
- 7. Pure Garden 82-VY021 Garden Cart Rolling Scooter
- 8. KVR Garden Kneeler and Seat with 2 Pouches
- 9. Finnhomy 10 Piece all-in-one Garden Tool Set
- 10. Goplus Garden Cart Rolling Work Seat
- What to Look for in the Best Gardening Stools for Seniors
Top Gardening Stools For Seniors
It can be hard to choose a good product when there are so many on the market. We used real feedback from other seniors to come up with this list. These are our top 10 picks ranked from the best one.
Gardening stools are also called workseats, which is the more technical term. They come in various types depending on use.
Some are kneelers. You can either sit or kneel on depending on your preferred posture. Others are wheeled for easy mobility, but they are more suited to gardens with paths.
We have included both so that you can choose the one you feel will suit you best. These are our top picks.
1. Ohuhu Garden Kneeler and Seat – Top Pick
- HAPPY KNEES: This handy garden kneeler features an elevated kneeling pad that reduces aches from prolonged kneeling, and keeps your knees away from the muddy ground and grass
- KNEELING PAD & GARDEN CHAIR: Flips over to become a garden chair so you can tend to your long-stemmed plants and bigger shrubs in complete comfort (weight capacity: 330. 69lbs/150kg)
- FOLDS EASILY: Comes assembled, and opens and closes in a quick snap so you can get down to your gardening as soon as the sun comes up
The Ohuhu Garden Kneeler is our top pick because we find it to be the most comfortable, versatile, and sturdy.
It features a simple design that you can flip over to function both as a kneeler, as well as a bench. It has a tubular high-strength steel frame that can hold up to 330 pounds/150kg in weight.
We like that it also comes with two pouches Velcro® straps to hold your gardening tools. The straps allow you to fix them to the handles for easy access.
Best of all, the cushion is made of extra-thick EVA foam material. It is extra soft while being sturdy enough to hold your weight for many hours. The steel frame is coated with black powder paint for waterproofing.
- Sturdy frame with strong welding.
- Lightweight, at only 5.73 pounds/2.6kg.
- Thick comfortable EVA foam cushion.
- Includes a toolset pouch.
- You can easily flip it over to function either as a seat or as a kneeler.
- The paint tends to chip off.
- The seat and tool pocket material fades quickly with exposure to the sun.
This is easily the best gardening seat in the market. It is simple and functional, and very affordable. It is great for those seniors who suffer from painful joints due to how comfortable it is.
We also think it makes a great gift idea.
2. Kinsuite Rolling Work Seat – Top Rolling Pick
- VERSATILE USAGE: Make this multipurpose mobile cart a go-to for a variety of home projects; perfect for carrying out tasks in your garden or yard, as well as painting and more!
- HEIGHT-ADJUSTABLE SWIVEL DESIGN: Designed with an adjustable swivel seat that prevents the need to crouch down or bend over while gardening, so you get relief for that aching back or knees
- BUILT-IN STORAGE SPACE: A convenient basket and tray are built in to the mobile cart, helping to ensure there is ample space to hold gardening tools, gloves, and more
If you’re looking for ultimate convenience, this Kinsuite Rolling Workseat is the option. It is easy to move around even on soft garden soil, thanks to its large rubber wheels.
One of its best features is that it is extremely sturdy. It consists of tubular steel for the frame and a steel plate seat. It can support up to 310 pounds (140.6 kg) of weight,
The seat is mounted on a 3600 swivel jackscrew, similar to the one you would find in workshops. Its dual function allows you to turn with minimal effort, and you can also raise or lower the seat for maximum comfort.
It also comes with a steel wire tray underneath the seat to store all your gardening tools.
- High versatile, with 3600 swivel and adjustable seat height.
- Large soft tires.
- Steel frame and seat for durability.
- High weight capacity.
- Steel mesh storage for gardening tools.
- Large and wide 13.3”L x 17”W seat.
- It needs assembly, which can be technical.
- Heavy, at 31 pounds (14kg). In thick grass or soil, it takes effort to move it.
This is a heavy-duty, versatile workseat seniors. We think that it is the best gardening seat with wheels for seniors, due to its rugged construction and comfortable adjustable seat.
While you will have to spend a little more money for it, the Kinsuite Garden Rolling Work Seat is worth every penny.
3. LEMY Garden Kneeler Seat – Best Budget Option
- Foam-padded cushion will reduce pressure on your knees when crouched down in your garden, while preventing your clothes from getting dirt or grass stains
- The steel tube side rails will provide support for your arms when kneeling down and getting up (Weight Capacity: 250lb (113kg)
- Multipurpose design allows you to use it as a seat when its standing upright or use it as a kneeler when flipped over
You don’t have to spend a lot to get the most comfortable gardening seat. The Lemy Garden Kneeler is a versatile and well-padded workseat that is perfect for any garden work.
Like our top pick, the Lemy is dual function. You can flip it over to use it either as a kneeler or a bench.
It features a tubular steel frame for strength while remaining lightweight. We found it sturdy enough for most users within its weight limit of 250 pounds/113.3 kg. You can even use the side rails to help yourself up.
Its foam-padded cushion is extra thick and very comfortable for sitting and kneeling on. It is made of EVA, so it also resists water and dirt for easy cleaning.
It also has a removable tool bag with two pockets. It can hold most of your gardening tools so that you can reach them easily while you work.
- Two-way usage as a bench or kneeler.
- Thick cushioning for comfort.
- Sturdy tubular steel frame.
- Has removable side pockets to hold your tools.
- You can use the rails to help yourself up when kneeling.
- It is unstable on sloping ground.
- It is not as sturdy as it should be. It can wobble a bit, especially with heavier users.
If you’re on a limited budget, the Lemy Garden Kneeler is our top pick for the best budget garden stool for elderly people. We like it because it offers great functionality for the price. However, take care of the weight limits.
4. Suncast Outdoor Rolling Garden Scooter
- Convenient FOLD-DOWN HANDLE becomes a comfortable seat
- THREE COMPARTMENTS and REMOVABLE TRAY store tools and equipment
- MOLDED CLIPS on the stand make carrying long handled tools a breeze
The Suncast Rolling Garden Scooter is a versatile bucket-cum-seat with resin wheels for mobility.
It consists of a hardened plastic design, which makes it all-weather and durable. The wheels move easily on hard and soft surfaces. It is especially convenient for moving in the grass.
The scooter has a large storage space in which you can carry your various gardening tools and supplies. Whether you’re carrying a full toolkit, fertilizer, or even soil, it is a handy companion that will do all the hard work for you.
When you want to sit down and get to work, just fix the cushioned top. It then serves as a wheeled gardening seat for a day of hard work. The top alone is also convenient for use as a kneeling pad.
It also features two cup holders to keep your drinks in and has a pulling strap for easy transportation.
- Multi-purpose use for seating, kneeling, and transportation.
- Durable, all-weather hard plastic material.
- Resin wheels for easy mobility.
- Large seat size.
- It also features a removable accessories basket.
- The lid and wheels are flimsy. They won’t last very long with heavy use.
- The plastic used is not very firm and is susceptible to strong sun.
We like that it has many uses, especially being able to carry lots of stuff around. The idea is genius, but the material used is a letdown. If you’re not too heavy, you will find that the Suncast Rolling Outdoor Scooter is a gem.
5. The Original Bucket Stool
- Ever sit on a bucket and still need to use the bucket for bucket related tasks? It's a little difficult with your rear end in the way. The Original Bucket Stool solves a problem that is as old as time.. or at least as old as buckets.
- This handy, sturdy little stool turns your average 3.5, 5, or 6 gallon bucket into a COMFORTABLE place to take a seat AND you still have access to the bucket.
- It doesn't matter if you're working in the garden, detailing your car, fishing, or training Jr for his major league debut the bucket stool offers a simple solution for a simple problem, it's hard to use a bucket if it's under your butt.
We have all sat on an upturned bucket one time or another, but it isn’t so comfortable after a while. Plus, it defeats its original use as a bucket, which is to carry things in. The bucket stool concept solves these two problems.
The Original Bucket Stool – so named because there are a lot of copycats around – is essentially a plastic top that fits on a standard bucket and turns it into a seat. At the same time, it leaves the bucket open for business while you sit.
If you are worried that the plastic is too weak for you, hear this: it is rated for up to 300 lbs! That is because the material used is tough thermoset plastic. That just means that it won’t also soften in the sun and collapse.
A bonus point is the top of it can also be used as a bucket lid. Just flip it over, and it snaps into place on the top of the bucket. It will then hold whatever liquid or solid is in it.
This handy little seat is water and weather resistant. Take it with you to the garden, garage, or even go fishing with it. Just make sure that the bucket is as sturdy as it is.
- The concept is simple with brilliant execution.
- Dual-use as a bucket seat and lid.
- Very light, at only 1.6 pounds (0.72kg).
- Its effectiveness is dependent on the bucket you use.
- For a simple plastic bucket top, the pricing is steep.
The Original Bucket Seat is a brilliant idea. After all, everyone has a bucket at home. Plus, for some extra amount, you can order a padded top to make it even more comfortable.
Most people will either love or hate the whole bucket seat idea.
6. Gardman R616 Fold Away Garden Kneeler and Seat
- Strong lightweight tubular steel construction
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Extra strong handles and stitching
If you have limited storage space and are looking for a compact garden chair, here is the solution. The Gardman R616 is a high-quality garden kneeler that folds away when not in use for minimal storage requirements.
This chair is made of strong, tubular steel which can support up to 250 pounds (113.3 kg) of user weight. The frame is coated with black powder paint to protect it from the elements.
It also features comfortable EVA foam cushioning. It makes it very soft to sit or kneel on, but durable enough to withstand continuous use without buckling.
The R616 from Gardner is dual-use, meaning that it can be used both as a seat and as a kneeler. All you need to do is flip it over to change it from sitting to kneeling mode. Plus, you can use the side rails to prop yourself up as needed.
Its best feature, by far, is the fact that you can fold it up when not in use for easy storage. The upright rails collapse onto the base with no additional propping required.
- It folds easily.
- It is stiff and sturdy when it is propped up.
- Comfortable EVA foam pads.
- Durable steel tubing design, with extra-strong stitching.
- The handles are too thin to allow for comfortable gripping.
- The bottom platform is plastic, which greatly affects durability.
The Gardman R616 Fold Away garden kneeler and set is a great option when you don’t have a lot of storage space in your home. It is sturdy and strong, and we like that it is one of the most affordable on our list.
7. Pure Garden 82-VY021 Garden Cart Rolling Scooter
- GARDEN CART – This rolling garden stool is ideal for any gardening enthusiast to alleviate back and knee pain when planting or weeding. In addition, this rolling cart can be used for other tasks around the home like painting, cleaning, car repair, more
- EASILY TRANSPORTS – The gardening chair features sturdy plastic wheels that are 3” in diameter and can roll forwards and backwards on most level terrains. The lightweight materials also make it easy to lift and carry this scooter to the next project
- DURABLE MATERIALS – The durable plastic construction of the 4 wheels gives an advantage over rubber tires, which could pop under pressure or puncture. The stainless-steel structure is built to last through all climate conditions
This affordable gardening scooter from Pure Garden is the best budget gardening seat with wheels. It is solid and versatile, yet remains conveniently lightweight and functional.
To begin with, it is made of a combination of stainless steel and plastic material. The wheels are made of strong and lightweight plastic. Thus, they have an advantage over rubber wheels because they are immune to punctures.
The scooter can also be used to carry your tools conveniently and easily. It has a tray underneath the seat which is perfect for carrying gloves, spades, planting shovels, shears, and more.
It features a wide plastic seat on which users of all sizes can use comfortably. However, it is rated for a maximum weight of 200lbs (90.7 kg).
- Plastic wheels are resistant to punctures and deflation.
- Very affordable.
- Comfortable seat.
- Low maintenance requirements.
- It features a tray to carry your gardening tools for easy access.
- Cheap plastic material affects its durability and gives it a low weight capacity.
- It is very low, which makes getting up problematic.
Many wheeled gardening seats for seniors are quite costly. The Pure Garden 82-VY021 is a very affordable option, with a wide comfortable seat and easy movement. However, make sure that you’re not too heavy for it.
If a cheap and effective gardening chair with wheels is what you’re looking for, get this one here on Amazon.
8. KVR Garden Kneeler and Seat with 2 Pouches
- 【Upgrade Widened】This Garden Kneeler is widened to 7.87 inches to fit more person and make you feel more comfortable for long periods of time.
- 【Light & Durable】This Garden Kneeler and Seat folds up easily and Compactly,Easy to carry and storage, the seat can hold up to 330lbs.
- 【Two Large Tool Pouches】This garden stool is equipped 2 large tool pouches. It is perfect for keeping your tools for your convenience.
Sometimes, all you need is a simple gardening stool without any fancy features. That is what you get with the KVR. It is a heavy-duty seat for both indoor and outdoor gardening use.
The KVR is made steel and aluminum which is lightweight but has industrial-level qualities. To start with, it is resistant to high temperatures, cracking, and buckling.
The pouches allow for users to easily store and access gardening tools while seated. The stool can hold up to 330 pounds.
Ultimately, this chair is durable and requires virtually no maintenance. Cleaning it is easy with a wet soapy rag, and it can withstand all kinds of weather.
- Strong durable plastic material.
- Holds up to 330 pounds
- Easy to fold and store.
- Stable, depending on which side you use.
- Available in different colors.
- It is not very wide,
Simple is better when it comes to something like a gardening seat. In this regard, the KVR is a great gardening seat for seniors.
Because of its simplicity, the KVR is also cost-effective.
9. Finnhomy 10 Piece all-in-one Garden Tool Set
- PERFECT GIFTS FOR YOUR PARENTS, FRIENDS OR HONEY: All-in-one design is perfect for home gardening. Including 1 heavy duty steel foldable stool, 1 tote bag, 1 pair of nitrile coated working gloves (latex free), 1 pruning shears, 1 kneeling pad and 1 set of 5 pk tool set with beech wood handles for home gardening.
- Sturdy heavy foldable Stool: heavy duty metal frame and durable canvas seat pad. A safety strap at the bottom frame to Ensure the sitting safe.
- Multi-use storage tool bag: 1 large main compartment with 18 side pockets for tool access and classifications. The bag is detachable from the stool, It is washable and portable.
The Finnhomy garden set is a great option for those who are just getting into gardening. Not only do you get a folding garden seat with a canvas top, but you get a full complement of gardening tools.
The chair itself consists of an ‘X’ shape camping chair design. It is made of high-strength tubular steel, while the top is a canvas seat pad. This makes it easy to move around and set up anywhere.
The tools that come with this chair include a tote bag, a pair of nitrile-coated gloves, a pair of pruning shears, one kneeling pad, and a set of 5 pk toolset with beechwood handles.
The chair has a large main compartment, as well as 18 side pockets to hold all your tools. The bag can be detached from the stool so that you can wash it if it gets dirty.
Together with the kneeling pad and tools, the Finnhomy Set is indeed the perfect complement to successful gardening. The chair can support a maximum of 250 pounds (113.3 kg).
- Full toolset included in the package.
- Folding design for easy storage.
- Steel tubing frame for durability.
- Comfortable canvas top for long sitting periods.
- The removable bag holds all your tools conveniently.
- The connecting strap and canvas stitching tend to give way after a few months of use.
- Some of the tools are generic and of poor quality.
This set makes for an especially thoughtful gift idea. However, the chair seems to have quality control issues.
If you’re looking for a complete set and don’t know where to start, this is a great product.
10. Goplus Garden Cart Rolling Work Seat
- 【Sturdy Frame with Strong Weight Capacity】Made of premium powder coated steel frame, the work seat is sturdy and durable with large bearing capacity. It is suitable for customers of all shapes and sizes. And the cart won’t go rusting and corrosion after long time use in outdoor.
- 【Storage Basket & Tool Tray】The work seat is equipped with a tray which is under the seat and a basket which is on the back for storing your tools and water. It is convenient to take things from these places when you are sitting on the cart.
- 【Four Large Rubber Wheels】Four wheels are inflated rubber tires with surface pattern which will grip the ground safely, prevent tipping over, and not to change direction at will to keep the balance. And the diameter of each wheel is 10'' so that it can add additional stableness when moving.
Goplus Garden Seat is perfect for those who want comfort and style while gardening. The look reminds us of a vintage plow.
The metal seat has a 360 degree swivel and comes with a tray and basket for easy storage of tools. The steel frame holds up to 330 pounds.
- Heavy metal steel frame
- Holds up to 330 pounds
- Rubber tires with surface patterns that grip well
- Comfortable seat with adjustable height
- Easy to assemble
- Heavy to lift
The Goplus Garden seat is rock solid. Even though it is a bit heavy, we like the fact it is not cheaply made or wobbly.
What to Look for in the Best Gardening Stools for Seniors
When buying workseats for seniors, there are a few points you need to consider.
Comfort is key in any garden seat. You will probably spend many hours on it. Make sure it has heavy cushioning that is not only soft but can last long. EVA foam works best.
Seniors need the most secure gardening seats, and instability can cause dangerous falls and injury. Make sure that the weight limit is sufficient, and that the seat doesn’t wobble at all.
There are different types of gardening stools. They include wheeled scooters, bucket seats, folding models, among others. Choose the one which best suits your needs.
A good garden chair needs to last long and withstand long hours of wear. It will also probably be exposed to the elements, water, stones, and more. Plastic and steel are the best in the test of time.
When it comes to picking the right stool for gardening, make sure you get your questions answered first.
Some garden stools also serve as a seat either outdoors or indoors. They are designed to be versatile and stylish, not to mention comfortable. A good example is the Simplay3 Handy Home gardening seat.
Gardeners aren’t very demanding when it comes to gifting. A good gardening stool is a great inexpensive option. For beginners, a full set such as the Finnhomy 10-Piece set will do.
Experts say that gardening is not bad for the knees, but you should change the activity every 20 minutes or so. Therefore, a wheeled seat like the Kinsuite Rolling Gardening seat is perfect.
A wheeled seat is also great for disabled senior people. It requires minimal effort to move around and allows them to rest while gardening. A foldable model is also a good option.
The best gardening stool for weeding needs to be low and well-cushioned. One of the best is the Ohuhu Garden Wheeler, which is also our top pick.
Gardening is hard work but is a great hobby and pastime for seniors. These gardening stools can help to make it much easier. Especially when you are enjoying smelling the roses.