In a Hurry? Below are some of the Best Bras For Older Women:
Old age comes with a lot of changes in our bodies, you must be experiencing loads of them by now. Sadly, not even breasts are spared- they lose their firmness, shrink or increase in size, and generally change their shape. We put together a list of the best bras for older women to help make your life easier. We put together a list of some of the best bras for older women to help save you time and find the right fit.
And so it is pretty normal to want to trade your sexiness for a rather conservative lifestyle due to these changes. But even though you are not particular about feeling sexy in these golden years, feeling good is still important. And to feel good you have to embrace the changes to your breast by wearing bras for older women.
How then can you find bras designed for older women?
By reading our article to find out what you need to look out for when buying one and what best options are available for you to choose from.
In case you didn’t know, there are bras specially designed for older women. They come in a variety of styles, fabric, and design all with the goal of giving you comfort, support, and convenience.
No doubt you have brought countless bras over the years but given your aging, here are some things you now must consider when buying bras:
Sizing is the number one consideration, you pick a size too big and your boobies will be falling out under the bra cups. They will also be dancing along as you work out or go about your walks.
Similarly, a size too small and your boobies will be overflowing out of the bra cups and not to mention how uncomfortable that will be. You will end up hurting your chest and upper back in the end. The cups should be of the perfect fit to give your breasts full coverage without leaving any gaps or making your breasts look squished.
If your breasts have gotten larger, which happens to some women because of hormonal changes, ensure to get bras for big breasts meant for older women. Get ones with stretchable cups so that as your breasts get bigger or smaller you can still wear it.
It’s also important to get the sizing of the under-band right as it is what gives your breast’s weak tissues, muscle, and tendons support and lift. It should be wide and cushioned and when worn, it should lay flat on your skin. A narrow band will dig into your skin causing you bruises when worn for prolonged hours.
The right size bra should hold your breasts properly, give you full coverage, and fit snugly around the band area. You should feel comfortable in it even after whole day wear.
Front closures are easy to wear than back closures for women who have trouble reaching their back ( due to dexterity and mobility issues). If you choose to go for back closures ensure that the hooks and clasps and large enough for you to close. Otherwise stick to front closures with either a zipper or velcro, they are pretty easy to take off as opposed to hooks and clasps that need proper coordination to fasten and unfasten.
The straps are what will give your fallen soldiers a lift so you also want to get it right with them. They should be wide and cushioned so as not to press and dig on your shoulders. They should also be adjustable to allow you room to adjust to the right sizing and comfortable spot.
Due to the hunching that comes with age, we suggest that you pick bras with criss-cross back straps. These ones will help with back and spine alignment and will also minimize back pains.
As you age, it becomes harder to keep up with hygiene more so if you live alone. This is why going for whites and creams isn’t such a great idea. Instead, stick to dark colored bras as they don’t easily stain or get dirty. You can choose from the different dark shades of blue, grey, black, green, and red.
Review of the Best Bras for Older Women
- Comfort You Deserve. Comfort cushion straps designed to help take the stress off your shoulders. Wireless Comfort. No itchy tags, we are all tagless.
- Smoothing You’ve Been Searching For. Seamless cups to help provide a smooth look under clothes.
- Support You Can Trust. 4-way TruSupport bra design that provides a 4-way support system: higher sides and a taller back for extra side and back support, fuller cups and our wide comfort strap for all-day comfort.
Even though it’s wire-free, it provides a great deal of support. Many women with larger sized breasts find it very comfortable when compared to other brands on the market. It has a traditional cup style which gives it that old fashioned look synonymous with aged women.
Those who have worn it will be the first to admit that it’s not the sexiest of bras but the level of
comfort it provides more than makes up for it.
What We Like
- It is seamless and wire-free
- Can be worn with any type of clothing without showing through
- Super comfortable, you won’t want to rip it off at the end of each day.
What We Don’t Like
- Old style pointy shape makes you look like Madonna in the 80s
- 2 different bras of the same size can have different fits
- Not sexy. This is a working girl bra and not built to impress
If you are looking for comfort and fit, this is the bra for you.
- According to the 3000 questionnaires from our Amazon customers,we have already update the size info.You can check it through the size-chart image on the left or refer to the Product Description column.A plump chest or need a loosely experience,1 size larger was recommended.If the bras that you have ordered was not fit for you,please email us,return it back and we will resend you the Correct size bras for free.If you no longer need it,100% full refund guaranteed,please no worries.
- Made of nylon and Spandex fabric; hand wash; do not machine wash, iron or bleach.
- Ultra-smooth fabric delivers a highly agreeable feel, offering maximum comfort:Best for yoga bra,sports bra,even sleeping bra.
If you are looking for a sports bra that you can head over to the grocery store in after the gym without feeling awkward, try this Cabales seamless sports bra. It is so comfortable, you can even use it as a sleeping bra.
We highly recommend it for older women with fuller breastsYou want to know why we recommend this medium-support bra to older women? Well, there are no underwires to deal with and no hooks, clips, or straps to adjust. The wides straps also fit nicely, they don’t slide off the shoulder forcing you to keep adjusting them. They are stretchable as they are made of a nylon and spandex combo. These two fabrics have a soft feel and hardly react to the skin.
This bra comes as a pack of three, you can choose the colors you like from their wide selection. They also come in a range of sizes to cater for the different breast sizes and shapes.
The great thing about seamless bras is that you won’t have to deal with chaffing or any other discomfort that comes with the seams. This is important if you intend to sleep on it.
What we like
- Seamless construction with double layers
- Made of stretchy breathable fabric
- Available in different sizes and colors
- Can be worn with or without the paddings
What we don’t like
- Can only be hand washed
This is a medium-support bra that is super comfortable even as every day all day bra for when lounging in the house, it is also perfect for sleeping on or when doing medium impact activities. Just remove the paddings when sleeping for more comfort.
We totally love the vest-like design of this bra, it looks super comfortable and supportive especially if you have fuller breasts. And being a front closure makes it easy to wear and take off. Talking of the front closure, the clip down claps are very easy to snap and close very securely. You don’t have to worry about your boobies falling out when you bend for long.
The broad shoulder straps ensure that you get maximum comfort without your shoulders feeling the weight of your breasts. The cups feel incredibly soft on the boobs and offer full coverage. The padding also ensures that your nipples won’t pop through.
Because it doesn’t have the underwires, It can easily be your everyday wear. Most seniors tend to find the underwires rather uncomfortable after a few hours.
What we like
- Extra broad supportive straps
- Stylish vest-like front closure design
- Easy to snap claps
- U-shape design on the back helps in minimizing sweating
What we don’t like
- The fitting of the cups and the design does not accommodate fuller breasts
This is a great bra for both indoor and outdoor activities, you can wear it all day every day because of how breathable the fabric is. And being a front closure, you have less to worry about putting it on and off.
- Comfort Sleep Daily Bra: the comfort lounge bra, wireless clips free and wide straps, relieving pressure from shoulder and chest, perfect for sleep and everyday use.
- Stretchy Seamless Low-support Sports Bra: with added stretch, our seamless bra suits for small and plump chest, light sports such as yoga, gym, jogging, sleeping, working and daily wear.
- Advanced Italy Knitting Technology: ergonomic design, our seamless sleep bra is comfortable and zero feeling, reduce friction and injury during daily exercise.
It is so touching how PRETTyWELL came to be. It is a love story of a husband who lost his wife to breast cancer and was then inspired to educate people about taking good care of breast through wearing the right bras. And what best way to send the message across than to create a line of high-quality bras.
I must say the brand has been successful in achieving this given the popularity of their bras.
This particular bra is among their most highly ranked bras for being incredibly comfortable and supportive. It is not surprising that it made it to our list of top 5 and for these reasons: 1) the extra wideband which gives maximum support to the breasts while still being comfortable. 2) the wire-free construction and 3) the seamless construction. These are important features when choosing a sleeping bra for an older woman.
Another great feature is the pull-on closure. This is also convenient as it is always so much of a hassle with the hooks and clips especially for seniors with arthritis.
What we like
- Super breathable and moisture wicking
- Stretchable and leaves no bulges
- Available in different sizes
- Comes with removable paddings
- Seamless and wire-free construction for a comfortable all-day wear
What we don’t like
- Some women don’t find them supportive enough as sports bras
- Comfort You Deserve. Comfort cushion straps are designed to help take the stress off your shoulders. Wicking, Cool Comfort fabric to help keep you cool. Wireless Comfort. No itchy tags, we are all tagless.
- Lift You’ll Love. Magic Ring design in the cups help provide lift and side support.
- Support You Can Trust. TruSupport bra design that provides a 4-way support system: extra side and extra back support, fuller cups to reduce spillage, and designed with Comfort strap for all-day comfort.
As we mentioned, Playtex has a really good selection of bras for older women. This is another one for senior ladies looking to give their “ fallen girls” a lift to where they were in their younger years.
The under-band lifts up the breasts from the bottom to give them a firmer look. And being an 18-hour bra, your breasts get a proper lift and support nearly all day.
The cups fit so perfectly making your breasts look naturally shaped. The nylon-spandex cup lining makes the bra feel so soft and gentle on your skin. And you don’t have to worry about your nipple showing through when wearing light clothes.
The straps are cushioned to prevent it from digging into your skin or slipping off. They also relieve any pressure exerted by the lifting of the breasts on the shoulders.
This is a back closure bra with a total of nine hooks, three on each of the closures. This should give you a good allowance for adjustments
What we like
- Can be hand-washed
- Wire-free construction
- Offers full coverage
- The straps are cushioned for maximum comfort
- The band does not ride up
What we don’t like
- May show little bulges on the side if you are big-bodied
If you are on a tight budget and are looking for a great bra to lift up your boobies and flatter your body shape, this right here is your best bet. It does the job perfectly well and comes at a reasonable cost
Frequently Asked Questions
Regular bras cannot give you the maximum support that you need fro your breasts as you age. Older women’s breasts are less firmer, and the muscle weakens as you age. Hence you need a special bra for more lift and support of your back.
Bras for older women range from wireless, sports bras, push up bras, etc. When choosing the best bra, make sure it is made with breathable fabric, has padded straps, wide under-band, and the cups have full coverage.
The good thing is most brands have a size chart that helps you navigate. First you need to take measurements at home with a tap measure. Then check the chart to see which size works.
Remember, everyone is different. You can check out how to measure your bra size here.
Apart from comfort, the best bras for older women should offer support and be easy to wear and take off taking into consideration poor eyesight, arthritis and back pain.
In this resource we’ll discuss the fundamental benefits of wearing comfortable bras for seniors and what features to look for when buying an old lady bra and different types of bras available for senior women.
Every woman deserves to have a good bra regardless of their age. Beauty and aesthetics aside, a good bra will reduce the sagging of breasts, it will also eliminate the pain and discomfort that is caused by breast moving up and down. Especially for active older women, a bra is an essential part of their grooming.
If you’ve been struggling to find a good bra, we have simplified it all for you and given you the best options out there. Take a pick.
Other Popular Articles: