Nothing hurts like a painful feet. Things are especially tough if you are a lady with big or swollen feet since you often have to put up with narrow, poorly constructed, and stifling shoes.
And while there could be other ways of ensuring that you remain comfortable as you go about your daily business, nothing triumphs over wearing extra wide women’s shoes for swollen feet.
Be they slippers, sandals, sneakers, or sporty shoes, these extra-wide gems bring tranquility and are a soothing antidote to distressed feet.
Table of Contents
- What Are Extra Wide Shoes For Women?
- Top Extra Wide Shoes For Swollen Feet
What Are Extra Wide Shoes For Women?
Extra wide shoes for women are specially made lady shoes targeted towards comforting women with extra-large feet or those with swollen feet due to health issues, pregnancy and more.
The shoes are special design and a plethora of specialized features make them probably the most comfortable women footwear for those with bigger feet.
There are many benefits from wearing extra wide shoes. The key is to find a pair that make your feet feel at least somewhat comfortable especially if you need to get around.
Top Extra Wide Shoes For Swollen Feet
We have done the research to find shoes, sandals and slipper that will offer your feet some level of comfort.
1. Extra Wide Sandals
- FOOT PAIN PREVENTION AND RELIEF - WALK ON CLOUD 9: Step out of pain and into a new level of comfort with the #1 Podiatrist recommended sandals brand. Try Orthofeet sandals risk free - Walk comfortably and pain free or your money back. Free shipping and returns.
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS? FOOT PAIN? KNEE PAIN? FLAT FEET? Orthofeet’s Ortho-Cushion system offers the ultimate solution: Premium orthotic insoles with adjustable arch support and multiple cushioning layers provide pillow-like support that works wonders to enhance comfort and help ease pain on the foot and heel, all the way up your knees, hips, and lower back.
- EXCELLENT STABILITY, EASE OF WALKING & PERFECT FIT: Lightweight ergonomic soles with a mild rocker design and superior cushioning enhance stability, improve the ease of walking, and add spring to your step.
It’s sometimes important to keep the feet dry and breathing. Extra-wide sandals let your feet breathe and are easier to get into.
In addition, some common foot conditions like athlete’s foot heal quickly with dry feet.
Equally important is the fact that sandals such as the fast moving Orella Slingback Sandal2 have excellent arch support or this spectacular Orthofeet Orthopedic Comfortable Diabetic Flat Feet Womens Sandal
For those that want a little style:
2. Extra Wide Boots
- WOMEN’S WORK/HIKING BOOT - A leather hiking boot that’s casual and stylish for work, and rugged enough for outdoor adventures.
- CONTACT CLOSURE AND NO-TIE ELASTIC LACE - Adjustable contact closure allows for easy adjustability and personalized comfort.
- LEATHER UPPERS - Natural material to help regulate heat and keep feet cool and dry.
Safety footwear including boots are an unavoidable accessory in many dangerous jobs, particularly in the light of tightening health and safety workplace laws.
And so a few manufacturers have released top-rated boots including the in-demand Dr. Comfort Vigor Women’s Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Wide Boot
Apart from its therapeutic construction, these boots comes with elastic laces with Velcro straps and padded lining suitable for outdoor hikes with optimal comfort.
3. Extra Wide Womens Slippers
- Memory foam insoles
- Terrific For Swollen Feet
- Quality Machine Washable
Outsized slippers offer tremendous metatarsal and arch support. Apart from being extremely comfortable, they are tailored to reduce strain on your feet and legs.
Types with removable footbeds also accommodate various custom orthotics and feel delightful.
Some of the best footwear for diabetics and edema are actually slippers and includes the skid-resistant Silvert’s Extra-Wide Adjustable Footwear.
4. Women Velcro Shoes
- WOMEN’S MACHINE-WASHABLE DOUBLE DEPTH SHOE - A casual and comfortable, machine-washable shoe that features double depth construction.
- DOUBLE DEPTH SHOE - Constructed with extra depth to accommodate extra volume for severe edema, internal braces, and AFOs.
- CUSTOMIZABLE FIT - Adjustable contact closure allows for easy adjustability and personalized comfort.
Velcro footwear provides a superb solution for women with limited motor skills such as the elderly or the disabled as they usually find tying shoelaces problematic.
The other attraction in this class of enlarged shoes for women is the ease of putting them on and taking off.
I personally love women shoes with Velcro fasteners and finds Dr. Comfort Marla Therapeutic Extra Wide Velcro Shoe exceptional.
5. Extra Wide Womens Sneakers
- FOOT PAIN PREVENTION AND RELIEF - WALK ON CLOUD 9 - Step out of pain and into a new level of comfort with the #1 Podiatrist recommended footwear brand. Try Orthofeet shoes risk free - Walk comfortably and pain free or your money back. Free shipping and returns.
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS? FOOT PAIN? KNEE PAIN? FLAT FEET? - Orthofeet’s Ortho-Cushion system offers the ultimate solution: Premium orthotic insoles, arch booster and multiple cushioning layers provide pillow-like support that works wonders to enhance comfort and help ease pain on the foot and heel, all the way up your knees, hips, and lower back.
- EXCELLENT STABILITY, EASE OF WALKING & PERFECT FIT - Lightweight ergonomic soles with a mild rocker design and superior cushioning enhance stability, improve the ease of walking, and add spring to your step. The wide range of widths along with multiple fitting spacers allow you to reach a perfect fit.
Sneakers put comfort above everything else and extra-wide sneakers are certainly one of the most comfortable footwear.
Sneakers also have more wide-ranging advantages. First, they protect you from injury because of extra cushioning and enhanced support.
Secondly, sneakers are much more stable than most of the other women shoes. A shoe like the Orthofeet Pain Relief Women’s Orthopedic Diabetic Athletic Sneaker will enhance your comfort if you have sensitive feet, diabetic Feet or swollen feet and comes with superb arch support and cushioned heel.
6. Expandable Shoes For Swollen Feet
- Adjustable Velcro: Velcro Buckle Can Freely Adjust The Elasticity Of The Shoe Body, And The Adjustment Range Is Ideal For The Degree Of Swelling
- Rubber Foam ut sole: Good quality, soft shoe body, not easy to deform for a long time.
- Anti-Slip Soles: Anti-Slip Particle Film Is Used To Increase The Friction With The Ground And Hold The Ground Firmly, Walking Stably
Sometimes it can be difficult to get the accurate measurement for your foot size. Yet it’s hard to do much without a fitting pair of sandals, sneakers, or boots.
These shoes stretch and adapt to your feet’s shape. Also, as in all other spacious shoes, the forefoot area gives you luxurious space to move the feet around.
7. Women’s Wide Dress Shoes For Swollen Feet
- Cloud steppers
- Cushion soft
- Heel height approximate 1.35 inch
The reason why some women prefer these shoes is because they look very fashionable and can be worn for a variety of events.
From more formal events, business-formal, to parties, and during special occasions, ultra-large dress shoes fit the bill.
They also have some all the essential features for comfort so they won’t irritate your feet when you wear them.
And even though their upper may not be too fancy, the used technology ensures the shoe fit pleasantly on your feet. Clark’s offer women with wide feet not only comfort but style.
8. Extra Wide Work Shoes For Swollen Feet
If you are a nurse, a construction worker, and in a career where you spend most of your days moving, you know how disconcerting a bad shoe can be.
Extra wide work shoes have a platform which takes off some of the unyielding pressure from the soles preventing discomfort.
Every step you take becomes less straining and you experience better foot motion.
9. Extra Wide Orthopedic Shoes
- Feel the OO - The OOmg Low Shoe is made of a breathable, four-way stretch mesh fabric, introducing a new level of comfort and convenience into your everyday routine. Like every OOFOS shoe, it features OOfoam technology & the patented footbed.
- OOfoam Technology - Our revolutionary OOfoam technology absorbs 37% more impact than traditional footwear foam materials to reduce the stress on your feet, joints & back. Plus, the closed-cell foam is machine washable and designed to minimize odor.
- Patented Footbed - Our patented footbed cradles and supports arches to reduce energy exertion in the ankles by up to 47% compared to competitors’ footwear. So walking is easier. Recovery is faster. And yOO feel better.
If you experience foot or back pain throughout the day, you should consider orthopedic shoes.
They provide comfort and support on top of superior health benefits including blood flow stimulation and are supportive of flat feet.
Even the disabled find it easier to walk with minimal discomfort because of the amount of cushioning provided by these shoes.
One of the best orthopedic shoes is the Orthofeet Women’s Comfort Shoe courtesy of anatomical arch support plus a biomechanically engineered orthotic Cushioning System.
When it comes to shoes, make sure you get the right pair. Infact, get a few pairs. What we love about our top picks above is if you have Amazon Prime, they typically come with free returns.